Enhance My English: Course Content
This is an outline of the units. Within each unit you will go into detail, but only in areas that we feel cause the most problems.
- Grammar: nouns, verbs, participles, conjunctions, pronouns, prepositions … and much more.
- Punctuation: commas, semi-colons and colons cause the most problems, but we also look at a few others too.
- Spelling: some basic spelling rules, common spelling errors and spelling myths dispelled.
- Abbreviations: a look at contractions, acronyms, shortenings etc.
- Most common mistakes: some of these will be real eye-openers for you.
- Effective writing: creating the right impact.
- Sentences: it’s not so simple, we look at complex sentences, not to mention subject-verb agreement, dangling modifiers and faulty predication.
- Paragraphs: writing effective, purposeful paragraphs.
- Style: adding emphasis, moods and signposting.
- Plain English: rewriting and rules for plain English.
- Written documents: persuasive letters, emails and reports.
Applying for a job and effective CVs and covering letters
View Terms & Conditions