- 5-month teaching placement – 20 teaching hours per week
- Full TEFL training with TEFL Org before you leave – 120-hour Premier Online TEFL Course (and as an optional extra, our 30-hour Teaching Young Learners advanced course)
- Living allowance – US$700 per month (approximately £550) and a US$700 completion bonus. The highest living allowance on offer from any TEFL Semester Teaching Position, meaning you can live well and have enough money leftover to explore
- Free accommodation for the length of your contract – your own room in accommodation shared with fellow teachers
- Orientation week – meet other teachers, take Vietnamese lessons, tour around your host city and generally take time to get to grips with Vietnam
- Conversational Vietnamese lessons
- In-country support including local ‘buddy’ at your school
- Proficient in English (non-native English speakers can be considered but must have advanced English and clear accent)
- 20-35 years of age upon arrival in Vietnam
- Police disclosure check from home country
- Passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand or Canada
- University degree (minimum Bachelor level in any field of study)
Our previous teachers at work
Additional costs to consider
- Visa – 3-month business visa to extend after 3 months
- Flights – you will need to book your own flights to Vietnam once you have received a program acceptance letter
- Travel Insurance – Please make sure you have insurance to cover you for the length for your stay – good medical cover is always advised
- Money for first month – you will need approximately 20 million Dong (around US$800) to see you through your first month
- Bills – US$60 each month to cover water/electricity bills and transport to/from school
- Application deadline Friday 26th June 2020
- Arrival in Hanoi, Vietnam Saturday 22nd August 2020
- Finish teaching Friday 15th January 2021
Sign up to the TEFL Teaching Semester in Vietnam with a 50% deposit.
This allows you to make a start on your 120-hour Premier Online TEFL Course and complete the application and any required paperwork.
Once your application has been approved, we will get back in touch to collect the remaining balance.
I realised I was able to make any place in the world home
Working in Vietnam has let me get to grips with the culture in a way being a tourist would never allow
Great memories have been made
I feel so lucky to be a part of it
It’s taught me a lot, not only about teaching but also about myself
I look forward to teaching every day
How to apply
Email our team on email@example.com and speak to a TEFL adviser who will guide you through the booking process and ensure all your questions are answered.
Hurry, application deadline Friday 26th June 2020.