- 5-month teaching placement – 22 teaching hours per week
- TEFL certificate from TEFL Org – 140-hour Premier TEFL course
- Salary – 22,000 Thai Baht (around £500) per month
- Shared accommodation with fellow interns
- Completion bonus – 10,000 Thai Baht (approximately £225) (2,000 THB per month payable upon completion of semester)
- 6-day orientation – acclimatise to living and teaching in Thailand
- Pre-departure and in-country support
- 140-hour Premier TEFL Course – 120 hours of flexible online learning combined with a one-off 20-hour weekend classroom course at location of your choice
- Native English speaker – UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Passport with at least 6 months remaining upon arrival
- Aged 20-35 years
- Undergraduate degree – minimum bachelor level in any field
- Clean police check
- In good health – must be fit and healthy to carry out duties of a teaching intern as a health check is required for the work permit
Additional costs to consider
- Flights – you’ll need to book flights to Bangkok once you have received a program acceptance letter
- Visa – usually Non-immigrant B visa (approximately £50)
- Travel insurance – Please make sure you have insurance to cover you for the length for your stay – good medical cover is always advised
- Work permit and teacher’s license fee – 10,000 Thai Baht/£225 payable on arrival
- Refundable accommodation deposit – 5,000 Thai Baht (£110)
- Money to cover your first month – we recommend around £600
- Booking deadline Friday 22nd March 2019
- Arrival in Bangkok on Saturday 4th May 2019
- Finish on Friday 11th October 2019 (end of term will vary depending on the school)
Sign up to the ELC Teaching Internship Thailand with a 50% deposit (£397.50).
This will allow you access to the 140-hour Premier TEFL course and also complete the internship application.
Once you have been successfully accepted on to the internship, we will get in contact to take payment of the remaining balance.
How to apply
Call us on 01349 800 600 (Monday to Friday 8am-5.30pm) or email email@example.com and speak to a TEFL Expert who will guide you through the booking process and ensure all your questions are answered.
Hurry, application deadline Friday 22nd March 2019