Please sign in to view company details
You must be a student with us to view the full job details, please sign in to view the company information.Go to login
Become an ESL teacher in North Sumatra!
This organisation are a grassroots Conservation & Education charity dedicated to facilitating environmental conservation and sustainable Human Development in Rural North Sumatra, Indonesia. Their English as a Second Language Programme is one of four programmes they run in the Bohorok district.
When you join their Education team as a volunteer on their ESL programme, you will teach English in ten different communities to both children and adults. As this is a true cultural exchange, they also get you involved in teaching their Indonesian staff at the trust, who offer free Bahasa Indonesian lessons to their international volunteers in return!
They welcome newly qualified ESL teachers, experienced ESL teachers and even those who have never taught before but are keen to learn and have plenty of enthusiasm! As part of your volunteer journey, they give you all of the training you need to deliver their curriculum confidently in a way which will engage and inspire their learners. This includes lesson planning sessions and teacher training workshops with their Programme Coordinators and Managers.
- A unique, exciting 8 week Volunteer Journey in rural North Sumatra on the edge of the Gunung Leuser National Park
- Accommodation at the Trust hub
- Meals cooked by their hub chef
- Transport to and from Medan airport and the Trust.
- Free Jungle FIIT exercise classes twice weekly at the Trust hub.
- Their staff will provide all of the training you need to teach our programs, and support you throughout your volunteering journey.
- A jungle trekking and camping experience with experienced local guides
- Orientation challenges
- A packed adventure weekend away for their Phase Review team building weekend midway through your placement.
- A workshop with a local business- e.g basket weaving, carving, fabric printing, soap making, cookery
- Indonesian language lessons by their Indonesian Programme Coordinators
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
Logging in, please wait...
Please enter a valid email address
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.