EFL Teachers Wanted
Teach English abroad in Asia and do rewarding work!
Teach English professionally in Shanghai
Perfect for new teachers, the school specializes in young learners with classes for all ability levels. You will get comprehensive training and you can expect a professional – yet welcoming – atmosphere.
The school is located in the district Qingpu in Shanghai, China’s biggest and most exciting city. Home to a bustling international business community, there is no shortage of English learners and fellow expats who also came to teach English in China. Teaching in Shanghai will give teachers a leg up in top-tier language instruction or springboard them to ever more exciting things.
- Students are between 3 and 16 years old, maximum class size is 12 students.
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week, maximum 100 teaching hours per month.
- 15 office hours per week.
- Work five consecutive days a week, Wednesday through Sunday, with Monday and Tuesday as the weekend.
- Participate in training, planning, activities, and events.
Salary and Benefits
- 17,000 – 20,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualifications).
- 22 days paid holiday.
- A fully sponsored Z-visa (work visa), residence permit, work permit, and Foreign Expert Certificate.
- Hospitalization and accidental injury insurance reimbursement up to 1,300 RMB.
- 1,000 RMB housing allowance.
- 5,000 RMB performance bonus.
- 5,000 RMB contract completion bonus.
- 5,000 RMB re-signing bonus.
- Airport pick-up upon arrival, as well as paid accommodations for a few nights while we help you find a residence.
- Training on arrival and ongoing support and development over the course of the contract.
- Advancement opportunities throughout the company.
- A western Academic Manager will assist you at work and with getting settled into your social life in China.
- Be a native-level English speaker from The United States of America, Canada, The United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa.
- Have a four-year degree in any subject from an accredited university, notarized and authenticated.
- A recent background check, notarized and authenticated.
- 120-hour EFL qualification (TEFL / TESOL / CELTA / DELTA), notarized and authenticated.
- Have some teaching experience (ESL experience is not required but preferred).
- You should be outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hardworking, patient, professional, and adaptable.
Health Requirements (must be completed after signing the LOU before arriving in China)
- Completed pre-travel health check form, signed by appropriate doctor(s) (form provided by the school).
- As required by the Chinese Government five days before traveling to China you must complete a SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid test and receive a negative test result. (subject to change as the Chinese government responds to the pandemic)
The district of Qingpu
The district of Qingpu, where the school is located, allows for a superb quality of life. Qingpu has most of the amenities of downtown Shanghai but has a slower pace and a more Chinese ‘feel’. Living downtown can often feel like you are in just another western city, but Qingpu never lets you forget you are living in China.
Foreign staff may choose to live in Qingpu town, or 12 kilometers to the west in a small developing 500-year-old water town called Zhujiajiao (pronounced jew-jaw-j-oww). With its small ancient canal town and rural population, many foreign staff members have chosen to make this their home.
The cost of living in both suburban towns is 30-40 percent cheaper than it is living downtown. While you teach English in China you’ll have more money left to travel around the country and nearby countries, pay off student loans, or start a nest egg.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||20000 Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||7th Dec 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||5|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.