Discover the ‘Land of Smiles’ as an EFL teacher when you sign-up to the Teaching Internship Thailand in partnership with ELC. A unique opportunity to experience an often unseen side of Thailand as you live and work over a 5-month paid placement. As part of the internship package you’ll receive TEFL training and certification, in-country support for the length of your stay and a community of fellow interns with whom to share your experience.
All About Our TEFL Internships in Thailand
- 5-month teaching placement – 20-22 teaching hours per week
- TEFL certificate from TEFL Org – 140-hour Premier TEFL course
- Salary - 26,000 Baht ($750) per month (see below for full salary breakdown)
- Shared accommodation with fellow interns – included in first month with option to find own accommodation thereafter
- Completion bonus - 10,000 Baht ($290)
- 5-day orientation – acclimatize to living and teaching in Thailand
- Pre-departure and in-country support
- 140-hour Premier TEFL Course – 120 hours of flexible online learning combined with a one-off 20-hour weekend classroom course at location of your choice
- Native English speaker - UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Passport - at least 6 months remaining upon arrival
- Aged 20-35 years
- Undergraduate degree – minimum bachelor level in any field
- Clean police check
Salary breakdownFull internship package at 28,000 Baht ($810) per month broken down as follows
- First month: 22,000 ($640) with accommodation included
- After first month: 26,000 ($750) without accommodation or 22,000 with if you choose stay in same accommodation as first month
- 10,000 ($290) completion bonus (2,000 per month paid as lump sum upon completion)
Additional costs to consider
- Flights – you’ll need to book flights to Bangkok once your contract has been confirmed and you have received your visa
- Visa – 90-day non-immigrant B visa
- Travel Insurance – Please make sure you have insurance to cover you for the length for your stay – good medical cover is always advised
- Work permit and teacher’s license fee - $250 payable on arrival
- Money to cover your first month
- Booking deadline Friday 22nd March 2019
- Arrival in Bangkok on Saturday 4th May 2019
- Finish on Friday 11th October 2019 (end of term will vary depending on the school)
Deposit paymentSign up to the ELC Teaching Internship Thailand with a 50% deposit (£397.50).
This will allow you access to the 140-hour Premier TEFL course and also complete the internship application.
Once you have been successfully accepted on to the TEFL Internships in Thailand, we will get in contact to take payment of the remaining balance.
4.57 out of 5 based on 7444 reviews