We strongly suggest that you read, and understand, our standard Terms and Conditions. Please contact TEFL Org if you have any questions relating to these terms. You can find our Privacy and Cookies policy on our website here.
Deposits and Balance Payments
- If you want to pay a deposit at the time of booking, and as long as your course is more than two weeks away, you can make a deposit of $50, which is non-refundable. You can pay with most major debit and credit cards or by PayPal. The remaining balance will automatically be charged to your card two weeks before the classroom course start date. If your course starts within the next two weeks you will need to pay the full amount at the time of booking. If you don’t want your balance payment to be taken automatically, give us a call and we can arrange a way more convenient to you.
- Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. TEFL Org will confirm acceptance of your booking in writing or via e-mail.
Making changes to your classroom courses
- If a request to change course dates is made:
- more than 30 days prior to your classroom course start date there will be no fee to re-schedule.
- between 30 days and 15 days before the classroom course start date the fee to re-schedule will be $50. The fee must be paid at time of re-scheduling.
- in 14 days or less of the classroom course start date no changes or cancellations can be made.
- if a classroom course is booked within 14 days of the classroom course start date no changes or cancellations can be made.
- TEFL Org reserves the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars contained on the website at any time.
- If you receive a discount particular to a classroom course for a specific location and date, rescheduling is only possible once payment for the full amount of the course is taken.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the course you have purchased you are entitled to a full refund within 14 calendar days from the date you made the purchase of the course, unless this is within 14 days of the start date of a classroom course. In this case no refund is possible. After 14 calendar days you are outside the ‘cooling off’ period and you are not entitled to a refund if you wish to cancel. If you have purchased a classroom or combined course by initially paying a deposit, we are only able to refund the balance payment, as deposits are non-refundable (see section 1). If you have purchased an online or combined course and have started the course and/or submitted the learner agreement, you are not entitled to a refund, as per the legislation on digital content. (Please see section 11)
Course cancellation by TEFL Org
- We reserve the right to change or cancel the course. The very nature of the TEFL course offered requires flexibility by all parties. For this reason the outline itinerary and description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the course, and not as a contractual obligation.
- If the minimum number of bookings required to run a course is not met, and if TEFL Org has to cancel a course for this reason, they will endeavour not to do so less than 14 days prior to the course date.
- In the event of a TEFL Org trainer being unable to attend due to trainer illness or other circumstances beyond their control, the course may be cancelled. TEFL Org will endeavour to provide an alternative trainer but this is not always possible. Refunds of any fees paid will be made but no liability shall be taken for travel or accommodation costs incurred by you.
Course cancellation by students
- Course cancellations will only be accepted in writing or via e-mail.
- You cannot get a refund on online courses outside the 14 calendar day cooling off period. By starting your online course or submitting the learner agreement you are deemed to have begun your course and to have acknowledged that your right to cancel your course and receive a refund will be lost. You have from one to six months to complete the course from date of purchase, depending on which course you have bought:
|Online Grammar Course, Specialist Courses and Advanced TEFL Courses||One calendar month|
|50-hour Online TEFL Course||Three months|
|100-hour Online TEFL Course (forming part of the 120-hour TEFL Course and 130-hour TEFL Course)||Five months|
|120-hour Premier Online TEFL Course (forming part of the 140-hour Premier TEFL Course and 150-hour Premier TEFL Course)||Six months|
|168-hour Online Level 5 TEFL Course, 188-hour Weekend Level 5 TEFL Course,
198-hour Weekday level 5 TEFL Course
If you need a course extension, this can be arranged. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 332 255 2417 (option 2) or you can buy the extension directly by logging into your account at https://www.tefl.org.uk/my-account/ and clicking on the desired extension option below your account information.
|Length of extension||Extension fee pre-expiry||Extension fee post-expiry|
Weekend and weekday classroom courses
What is included?
- A printed course handbook, qualified TEFL Org trainer and refreshments, such as tea or coffee, are provided during the course.
What is not included?
- All food and other related costs, accommodation and parking at the venue are not included in the price of this TEFL course. Neither is transport to and from the class venue.
- TEFL Org reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any student deemed to be behaving in an unacceptable manner [without a refund]. We do not tolerate any form of unsociable or unacceptable behavior, and will act upon any behavior reported to us. All students on classroom courses must follow TEFL Org’s code of conduct.
- In the unlikely event of a threatening or inappropriate situation occurring on one of our classroom courses, we request that the student bring any issues to the attention of the tutor as soon as possible. Within reason we will do our utmost to investigate, take action and resolve the situation, in the best interest of all parties.
Non-completion/non-attendance at the weekend or weekday courses
- Non-attendance without warning is non-refundable and non-transferrable to another course.
- If an emergency prior or during your classroom course days prevents your course attendance, you must notify TEFL Org within 24 hours (preferably by email – email@example.com) to request consideration for re-scheduling of your course dates. Written proof of the reason will be required within 7 days of the notification (e.g. Doctor’s note) before any changes can be considered. Changes are subject to the discretion of the courses manager. If re-scheduling is allowed then a fee of $95.00 will be charged. The above process applies when a student is not able to attend all or part of the classroom courses.
- If a student arrives an hour or more late for the start of a course (whether at morning or afternoon periods) then TEFL Org reserves the right for the tutor to refuse entry to the course to the student.
Failing the course
- In most cases, students pass the course. However, if the tutor feels you have not participated fully on the course or that you have not assimilated the content of the course sufficiently then you may be failed. In these cases no certificate will be issued. Attendance on further courses at a fee can be arranged at the discretion of the course manager.
- If you do not have the required level of English to complete the course, we reserve the right to fail you without expectation of a refund. As a guide we recommend that non-native speakers have a minimum CEFR level C1 or IELTS 6.5 score. If you are unsure you should take our online level test and be able to score 85% on your first attempt.
- For us, plagiarism is copying verbatim or almost word for word from any of our tutors’ answers, other students and/or from other online sources. We agree it’s ok to search and look for answers from the internet and share ideas with other students, but your answers must be your own work. That is; adapted to your particular idea/s so you demonstrate you are able to mold and change an activity etc. to fit your own words and needs.
The examples and information provided on the website are resources you are encouraged to read to widen your knowledge but when applying these to your own work, they must be changed and adapted to your own words and interpretation.
If a student plagiarizes he/she will be given a warning, but if the plagiarism continues you may fail the course without a refund.
Complaints and appeals
- Students have the right to appeal against grades given during the course for written assessments or testing. In the first instance, you must contact your tutor and outline clearly your reasons for appeal. If you are not satisfied with your tutor’s response, then you may refer the appeal to the Online Courses Manager at:
TEFL Org, 18 Alexander Place, Inverness, United Kingdom IV3 5BX
Please outline your reasons for appeal clearly. The Online Courses Manager will acknowledge receipt within two working days of receipt and will aim to draw the matter to a conclusion that is satisfactory to all parties within seven working days.
- We do our utmost to ensure that you receive the best training and service possible. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the service provided by us, then please let us know in writing by contacting our Customer Service Manager at:
TEFL Org, 18 Alexander Place, Inverness IV3 5BX
Please outline the nature of your grievance and we promise to acknowledge your complaint or grievance within two working days of receipt. The Customer Service Manager will then endeavour to reach a satisfactory conclusion for all parties within seven working days.
- You must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract at the time to us and give us the opportunity to arrive at a satisfactory solution. If your dispute remains unresolved, you may be eligible to use the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- Every endeavour is made to ensure that certificates reach the successful student within 7 days of completion of the course. TEFL Org, however, cannot be responsible for certificates that are not received due to postal issues. If you have not received your certificate within 21 days of passing your course, please contact TEFL Org for assistance.
- All students can request a new certificate to replace a lost certificate for the administrative fee of $20. This fee includes first class postage and packaging within the UK, and standard international mail respectively. Tracked international mail can be arranged for a fee of $40. If the student requires alternative postal arrangements, this will solely be at the cost of the student.
- TEFL Org does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
- TEFL Org does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the sole domain of the Scottish courts.
- Under no circumstances does TEFL Org accept responsibility or liability for loss of personal possessions while attending the course.
- TEFL Org does not accept responsibility or liability for any other event which may affect you or your course.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- By signing the application form, verbally agreeing on the telephone or having clicked ‘Book Now’ on the website you are agreeing to accept all these conditions. The person who signs the booking form, does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
TEFL Org, www.tefl.org, 08/14/2017