Packing to go abroad to teach English as a foreign language can be a daunting task, but this checklist should make it easier for our TEFL Courses Ireland graduates!
- TEFL certificate
- Degree certificate
- Birth and marriage certificates
- Airline tickets and itinerary
- Extra passport photos
- Driving licence
- Criminal check
- Credit/ATM cards, travellers cheques etc.
- Money, wallet and money belt
- Emergency contacts
- Universal adapter
Tip: Keep photocopies of all you important documents separate, this way if you lose one set you have the other as a backup.
Tip: Contact your bank before you leave to notify them that you will be abroad, this might avoid them freezing your card if they think it looks like suspicious activity!
- Clothing appropriate for the classroom and travel
- Personal items from home such as photos
- Insect repellent and sun cream
- Phrase book
Tip: Keep clothing versatile and remember that you will need smart clothes for the classroom.
Tip: Bring plenty of plastic bags to separate clean and dirty clothes.
Tip: Don’t overload on luxuries from home which you can buy when you are abroad. Most countries sell general hygiene products, so you don’t need to bring a years supply with you!
For the classroom
- English language and grammar books
- Educational games
- Teaching resources such as lesson plans, lesson activities etc.
Tip: you can access loads of great teaching resources online which you may be able to print out when you are abroad.
- Playing cards
- Hip Flask
Do you think we’ve missed anything vital? Comment below!
Ready to set off? Find your dream job through our TEFL Jobs Centre
Not qualified yet? Have a look at our TEFL course options