Teach English in Taiwan with Shane English
Shane English School is on the lookout for positive, open-minded educators to join their vibrant team of international English teachers. As one of Taiwan’s leading English language centres, Shane English School provides hundreds of teachers the opportunity to live and teach in the happiest and most progressive country in Asia.
With positions open year-round, and schools located in some of Taiwan’s most exciting towns and cities, Shane English School is the ideal starting block for any TEFL graduate at the start of their ESL teaching career.
- 20-25 teaching hours per week on average and 5-day workweeks
- Students range from 3-18+ years old, the majority aged between 7 and 14-years-old
- Classes are mostly group classes, but schools do also offer 1-to-1 classes
- Average class size: 6-12 students per class
- All materials, resources, and teaching guides necessary to teach the Shane curriculum will be provided.
- A local teaching assistant will be present in all Very Young Learners classes
What you will get in return
- Starting salary of NT$600-640 per hour
- NT$10 salary raise after 6 months and NT$20 after 12 months
- NT$20,000 contract completion bonus
- Airport pickup
- Full assistance booking an arrival hotel with partial reimbursement
- Work visa and health insurance provided
- Assistance finding an apartment that meets your specific requirements
- Assistance opening a bank account and getting a local mobile number
- One week of comprehensive training including live class observations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 120-hour TEFL certificate
- Fluent English speaker
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Canada, United States, New Zealand or Australia
- Clean criminal background check
To apply for this job please email a copy of your CV and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject ‘Shane English – Taiwan’ when emailing your application for this role.