Recommended TEFL Job in Seoul, Busan, Daegu and other cities across Korea
Korean Horizons provide government public school (EPIK) teaching positions throughout South Korea. The majority of positions offered are for the beginning of the new academic year (starting late February) and new semester (starting in August) but due to the high demand for EFL teachers, vacancies are available year-round – so apply now!
As soon as you land in Korea, Korean Horizons will meet you, provide you with a hotel and ensure that you arrive safely at your school. They will also be available throughout your entire teaching contract in South Korea.
- Teaching elementary (grades 1-6), middle school (grades 7-9) and/or high school learners (grades 10-12)
- You will be responsible for 22 classes per week. An elementary class is typically 40 minutes, a middle school class is 45 minutes and a high school class is 50-minutes long).
- Teaching hours are during the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Native English speaker from UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree holder.
- Minimum 100-hour TEFL certificate.
- Clean criminal background check (DBS, ACRO or similar).
Remuneration and Benefits
- Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office/school.
- Introduction pack (including book on learning Korean, a travel guide for the whole country, a map of your location, & other goodies).
- Salary – dependent on experience, qualifications and where you are based in South Korea (salaries typically range from 2M to 2.95M South Korean Won/month). Income is tax free for all applicants (except those from the Republic of Ireland and Canada).
- Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school.
- Order anything you like from any online Korean store & pay us back once you receive your first pay check.
- Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes.
- 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance.
- Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 South Korean Won.
- 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (almost 6 weeks in total).
- Medical and pension contributions.
- 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract.
- Sick pay and special leave allowance.
- 5 working days additional paid vacation if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0M South Korean Won.
Hiring throughout the year
Job at a glance
Location: Seoul, Busan, Daegu and other cities across Korea
Contract Length: 1 year
Job Type: Paid
Pay: 2.1m – 2.95m won per month
TEFL Job Advisor
Questions about this TEFL Job? I am here to help: