Two fully-funded TEFL scholarships are available this year in 2023. Winners of the scholarship will be enrolled on our most popular online TEFL course, the 120-hour Premier Online TEFL Course, plus an advanced TEFL course of their choice.
The TEFL Org are committed to providing world-recognised TEFL training to enable others to give the gift of education. Teaching English as a foreign language can be a life-changing experience, not only for the teacher, but also for the lives of their students.
In order to apply for the TEFL scholarship programme, applicants are required to submit a 500-word response to the following question:
“What do you want to achieve from teaching English as a foreign language?”
In your submission, tell us what you want to gain from getting TEFL qualified, the experience of teaching English abroad, as well as why now is the right time for you.
All responses must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- A maximum of 500 words in length
- Completed in English
- Written by the applicant and not by anyone else
- Submitted in a word processing document such as Microsoft Word
Responses will be judged on the following criteria:
- A strong and well-rounded response to the question
- Well structured with a consistent tone throughout
- Creative and original
- Correct spelling, use of grammar and punctuation
Scholarship eligibility requirements
- Must be enrolled on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme N.B. Proof of student status required.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific discipline/field of study
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply
How to apply for the TEFL Scholarship programme
Please send your 500-word response along with following information to email@example.com
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Student status, including which college/university you are attending
- College/university address and contact telephone number
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
Application deadline Friday November 3rd, 2023
Winner of the scholarship programme will be notified via email by Friday December 8th, 2023. We look forward to receiving your application!
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application, via their submitted email address. Your data will not be shared with any third parties. Winners will be contacted by email.
The winner will be asked if they will grant The TEFL Org permission to post their name and school on www.tefl.org or in other communications relating to the scholarship programme.
Terms and conditions
All submitted entries must be the original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per scholarship. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The TEFL Org Scholarship Programme, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name and awarded TEFL course in announcements or articles (e.g. social media, email newsletter, etc) issued by The TEFL Org
- Post the applicant’s name and college or university on The TEFL Org website