The 188-hour Online & Weekend Course is ideal for students who are looking to gain practical skills in TEFL . You will complete our Level 5 TEFL online course, where you will cover grammar essentials, observe what a real TEFL lesson is like in our Video Observation course, and complete our two mini-modules: How to Teach Over the Telephone and Teaching Large Classes.The 188-hour course includes our brand-new Methodology course, containing new course content, assignments, quizzes and the unit, Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English. In addition, the 19-hour course, The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language, is also included.
The classroom course is completed over one weekend, which we offer in various locations. Classroom courses are subject to availability so book now to avoid disappointment!
Your 188-Hour Level 5 TEFL Course at a glance
A 188-hour Level 5 TEFL Course certificate from TEFL Org is recognised by employers worldwide.
- NEW! 79-hour Methodology Course Learn about classroom management, teaching styles and advanced TEFL methodology. Study with a personal tutor and meet fellow students on our course forums. Includes units on business English, young learners and teaching English one-to-one. Knowing where to look for resources for your students can often be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Therefore, we have included a new unit in Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English as a Foreign Language. This unit will help you to understand what types of materials are suitable for your students, what is available, where to find them, and how best to use them. This will make your job as a teacher easier, make your lessons more dynamic, relevant, interesting and fun for the students.
- 30-hour Online Grammar Course Don’t know your irregular verbs from auxiliary verbs? This course will improve your basic grammar and give you the grounding you’ll need to communicate complicated language rules to a student audience.
- NEW! 19-hour The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language Course As you are going to be an English teacher, it’s important to know where the English language comes from, and how it has spread to become a global language. You will also look at how English fits into today’s world; a world no longer constrained by distance, where people can communicate instantaneously regardless of where they are located in the world, where English has become a common language, or lingua franca, for business, travel, study and many other things. Also, how English has become the most spoken second language on the entire planet.
- 20-hour Online Video Course Seeing an English teacher in action is a very powerful learning tool and really brings the theory to life. Feel free to steal the ideas in these video courses to use in your first lessons. We don’t mind!
- Two 10-hour specialist mini-modules Two mini-modules designed for specific TEFL jobs, which will help your CV stand out. One 10-hour unit is about teaching over the telephone and the other 10-hour unit will help you teach large classes.
- 20-hour Weekend Course Take part in this packed weekend course where you’ll learn how to plan, prepare and deliver TEFL lessons in a fun and relaxed atmosphere with fellow students. Learn all about TEFL teaching via a series of enjoyable hands-on course activities. This is one course where you’ll learn by doing, not just by note-taking!
- Lifetime access to our online TEFL Jobs Centre
Lifetime TEFL careers advice, personal CV guidance, TEFL recruiter contacts and exclusive TEFL job vacancies. All you need to get your dream job abroad!
- Free TEFL coursebook
Activities, examples and all the important information from your weekend TEFL course.
- Free reference letter
A must-have for getting TEFL jobs, this comes with personal comments from your TEFL tutor.
- Personal online TEFL Org tutor
Keep the same tutor throughout your component TEFL course, who will get to know you and how you work. All of our tutors are qualified and experienced, while also being lovely and supportive!
- TEFL Org and Level 5 certificate
Both widely-recognised certificates posted straight to your door which shows your achievements on our course; something you can show to TEFL employers to secure you a job.
Q. In what order should I complete the 188-Hour Weekend Level 5 TEFL Course
Q. Will I receive a certificate at the end of the 20-hour Weekend TEFL Course?
Q. Do I have to wait until I receive my TEFL certificate before I can start applying for jobs abroad?
Book our 188-Hour Level 5 TEFL Course now
You might also like…
168-hour Level 5 Online TEFL course
Get your Level 5 TEFL qualification entirely online with our 168-hour course. Covering English grammar, TEFL methodology, and more, this course is perfect for anyone wanting to delve further into TEFL.