Our Government regulated Ofqual regulated Level 5 online-based course is perfect for those who want to become TEFL qualified from the comfort of their own home! In this online course, you will cover essential grammar knowledge, observe what a real TEFL lesson is like in our video observation course, learn how to teach English over the telephone and how to teach large classes.This course contains our new 79-hour Methodology Course, which includes brand-new course content, assignments, quizzes and even a new unit, Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English as a Foreign Language!
In addition, we have included the 19-hour course, The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Your 168-Hour Online Level 5 TEFL Course at a glance
A 168-hour Online Level 5 TEFL Course certificate from TEFL Org is recognised by employers worldwide.
- NEW! 79-hour Methodology Course Learn about classroom management, teaching styles and advanced TEFL methodology. Study with a personal tutor and meet fellow students on our course forums. Includes mini-modules on business English, young learners and teaching English one-to-one. Knowing where to look for resources for your students can often be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Therefore, we have included a new unit in Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English as a Foreign Language. This unit will help you to understand what types of materials are suitable for your students, what is available, where to find them, and how best to use them. This will make your job as a teacher easier, make your lessons more dynamic, relevant, interesting and fun for the students.
- 30-hour Online Grammar Course Don’t know your irregular verbs from auxiliary verbs? This course will improve your basic grammar and give you the grounding you’ll need to communicate complicated language rules to a student audience.
- NEW! 19-hour The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language Course As you are going to be an English teacher, it’s important to know where the English language comes from, and how it has spread to become a global language. You will also look at how English fits into today’s world; a world no longer constrained by distance, where people can communicate instantaneously regardless of where they are located in the world, where English has become a common language, or lingua franca, for business, travel, study and many other things. Also, how English has become the most spoken second language on the entire planet.
- 20-hour Online Video Course Seeing an English teacher in action is a very powerful learning tool and really brings the theory to life. Feel free to steal the ideas in these video courses to use in your first lessons. We don’t mind!
- Two 10-hour specialist mini-modules Two mini-modules designed for specific TEFL jobs, which will help your CV stand out. One 10-hour unit is about teaching over the telephone and the other 10-hour unit will help you teach large classes.
- Lifetime access to our online TEFL Jobs Centre
Lifetime TEFL careers advice, personal CV guidance, TEFL recruiter contacts and exclusive TEFL job vacancies. All you need to get your dream job abroad!
- 7 months to complete the course
Most people complete the course within 10 to 12 weeks, but if life gets in the way and you need more than 7 months it’s always possible to purchase an extension.
- Personal online TEFL Org tutor
Keep the same tutor throughout your course, who will get to know you and how you work. All of our tutors are qualified and experienced, while also being lovely and supportive!
- TEFL Org and Level 5 certificate
Both widely-recognised certificates posted straight to your door which shows your achievements on our course; something you can show to TEFL employers to secure you a job.
Q. When does the next online course start?
Q. How can I contact my online tutor?
Q. Can I talk to other students on the course?