Applying for a Visa – South Korea

Once you have secured a job teaching English in South Korea you will need to apply for an E2 Teaching Visa.

The following will need to be sent to your  TEFL employer in Korea:

  1. A copy of your degree along with a copy of your university transcripts. These are a list of the courses you completed at university and the grades you achieved. Get in touch with your university for a copy.
  2. Your CV/resume with a passport sixed photo attached.
  3. A photocopy of the photo page of your passport
  4. The signed contract from the school.

These documents will then be processed by the Korean Immigration Office in Korea. The process will take approximately ten days, after which you will receive your Visa Issuance Number. As soon as this is issued you will need to send the following to your nearest Korean Embassy:

  1. Your Visa Issuance Number
  2. Passport
  3. Completed application
  4. Visa fee of £27.40

You will find the application form at the  South Korean Embassy Homepage. Click on Korean Visa Forms.

Interested in teaching English in South Korea? Find TEFL Jobs in South Korea.

Share this page:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *