TEFL Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance for UK and EU Residents

While we at TEFL Org hope your time teaching English abroad is
completely trouble free, all travellers, including those teaching English abroad, need comprehensive travel insurance for the duration of their time abroad.  While many TEFL employers offer medical insurance as an employment benefit, this is limited to health issues.

Travel insurance is important in many situations, such as:

1. Medical emergencies

2. Repatriation back to your Home Country

3. Travel cancellation and curtailment

4. Lost or stolen baggage

5. Lost or stolen cash/identification

For your proper protection, TEFL Org UK highly recommends arranging complete travel insurance with the only Long Stay Travel Insurance specialists in the United Kingdom.

Long Stay Travel Insurance for TEFL teachers

These travel insurance schemes run for your choice of one to twelve months inclusive, and plans can be extended as required.  One-way travel insurance is available for those choosing to emigrate from the UK.


Comprehensive – Includes all basic essential cover plus cover for hazardous activities
Basic  – Best value essential cover
Study Abroad – Includes course related cover and multiple journeys back to the UK

Travel Insurance Cover is still available if you:

  • Have already left the UK
    • Possible in theory, but difficult to get. Most companies allow you to purchase travel insurance even as late as in line for boarding. If you do acquire insurance post-travel, don’t expect to cover anything unexpected before purchase – a condition that cost uninsured travellers millions of pounds during the volcanic ash flight disaster in 2010.
  • Are emigrating from the UK
    • Look into One-Way Travel Insurance, often available as part of upgraded (i.e. non-basic) insurance cover. Not only can you insure yourself, but often your pets can be covered as well.
  • Are a non-EU resident going home from the UK
    • Whether you are returning home for good or just visiting, you can find travel and health insurance policies willing to accommodate your needs. Non-EU residents are entitled to the same travel insurance as EU residents, but may have to sign up as a non-EU resident before the cover activates.

Click here for full details or to apply online through the fully automated, immediate system.

Please Note: All travellers must complete the Underwriter’s extension document before renewing their insurance.