Even though you may have been speaking English as your first language (or a very good second language) for many years, you may still be lacking in some basic grammar and punctuation. Some may have never been taught formal English grammar, punctuation or writing at school. Moreover, since English is the richest language on the planet, spelling can be a bit tricky.
Taking the course will accelerate your understanding of English grammar and really enhance your confidence in the language. It will also show employers that you have attained a high level of mastery in English.
Becoming a better communicator will also mean you can get more out of what you write. There will be fewer misunderstandings and less time spent on untangling confusions.
This is what you will have achieved by the end of the course:
- Understanding the effects of poor communication
- Developing an awareness of grammar and language terminology and structure of grammar
- Understanding basic punctuation and spelling
- Looking at the most commonly confused words and most common errors
- Building effective sentences and paragraphs
- Understanding different writing styles, different tones, and plain English