Our weekday classroom courses run Monday to Wednesday 9am to 6pm at selected locations across the UK and Ireland.
Weekday TEFL Course Contents
The 30-hour Weekday TEFL Course covers the same content as the 20-hour Weekend TEFL Course plus one extra teaching practice and the addition of a Teaching Young Learners module.
A short, online task is required to be completed before attending one of our weekday classroom courses. Don’t worry, this is just to gauge your ideas and expectations of what TEFL is and how the course can be of benefit to you. Access to the online task is available in your online student dashboard two weeks prior to your classroom course date.
Over three days, you will cover:
Unit 1 – Warmers
- Introducing yourself, getting to know each other, reducing inhibitions
Unit 2 – Classroom management
- Arranging the classroom and managing your students
Unit 3 – Getting the students to speak
- Inventive ways to elicit from the students, using pictures, mime and gesture
Unit 4 – Introduction to grammar
- A first look at some of the English tenses. What is the Present Perfect exactly?
Unit 5 – Foreign language lesson
- A beginner’s lesson: find out what it’s like to be on the receiving end
Unit 6 – Controlled Practice
- Practice activities: why we use them and some ideas for the classroom
Unit 7 – Free Practice
- Using role play and other activities to bring your lessons to life
Unit 8 – Games
- How games can improve the learning experience
Unit 9 – More warmers
- More ideas for the classroom
Unit 10 – Functions
- Teaching everyday English words and phrases
Unit 11 – Lesson planning, preparation & practice
- How to plan a TEFL lesson & giving your first lesson
Unit 12 – More warmers
- A little warmer for your second day
Unit 13 – Needs analysis & understanding levels
- Assessing new students and understanding different levels of students
Unit 14 – Pronunciation
- The sounds, stress, intonation & rhythm of the English language
Unit 15 – Correcting errors
- How and when to correct in the classroom
Unit 16 – Teaching Skills
- How to teach reading & listening in the classroom
Unit 17 – Grammar
- A more in-depth look into tenses (Warning! Includes fun!)
Unit 18 – Teaching young learners
- Strategies & ideas for teaching young learners
Unit 19 – Finding work abroad
- How to find your first teaching English job
Final Teaching Practice
- 30-hour Weekday TEFL Course
Learn to plan, prepare and deliver TEFL lessons with plenty of fun hands-on activities. Fast-paced, engaging and fun, you’ll spend Monday to Wednesday learning by doing, not by writing!
- Lifetime access to the TEFL Job Centre
Access to apply to over 100 jobs in 50 countries all over the world. Once you return from a job, log on and pick your next TEFL journey!
- Lifetime support
Lifelong TEFL careers advice, personal CV advice and exclusive TEFL job vacancies. All you need to get your dream job abroad.
- Free TEFL coursebook
Games, activities, teaching techniques and more from your weekday TEFL course.
- Free reference letter
Personal feedback from your TEFL tutor to show off your teaching skills to TEFL employers.
- TEFL Org certificate
A widely-recognised certificate posted straight to your door which shows your achievements on our course; something you can show to TEFL employers to secure you a job.
Q. How many students will there be on the course?