What will I learn?
- Reasons why young and adult language learners sit exams, what students are assessed on and the format of popular English examinations
- What English language proficiency exams are available and the similarities and differences between them
- How to create lessons and activities to help your student develop and practice their listening, reading, writing and speaking skills
- Tutor support from an experienced EFL teacher
- All course materials
- Two months to complete the course
- Internationally recognised TEFL certificate – hard copy & PDF
- Lifetime access to our TEFL Jobs Centre
Module and unit overview
1. Introduction to English language examinationsWhat motivates students to sit an English proficiency exam – the different groups/types of learners who normally sit these types of exams, and why.
2. International language examsAn overview of the most popular English proficiency exams available to English language learners including IELTS, TOEFL iBT (Test Of English as Foreign Language) and those offered by Cambridge Assessment English, how students are tested and what their scores mean.
3. How to teach exam preparation classesAssess your students’ current level of English, what gaps are in their knowledge and create lessons that will get them to where they need to be to pass the exam.
4. Practice activitiesDesign practical activities you can use with your students to give them really good exam practice. Ideas you can use in all lessons, not just exam preparation, to help your students to get better at reading, writing, speaking and listening.
5. Exam preparation resources for teachersMock examination papers and resources to help prepare you deliver great lessons for exam preparation.
Need to know before you enrol/FAQs
Q. How long are students given to complete the 40-hour Teaching Exam Preparation Classes Course?
Q. Do you need any previous teaching experience/qualifications to enrol on the course?
Q. How are students assessed on the course?
Q. Do I need to purchase any textbooks for the course?
Q. Will this course qualify me as an IELTS examiner?
Q. Is the certificate included in the course fee?
- Use code DEC50 during checkout to SAVE 50%
Sale ends in:
days hours mins secs
40-Hour Exam Preparation
Book our 40-Hour Exam Preparation today and start your TEFL adventure.