Please sign in to view company details
You must be a student with us to view the full job details, please sign in to view the company information.Go to login
The Director of Studies is responsible for the planning, preparation, and implementation of the summer school language programme at St Leonards, and the staff who will deliver it.
- All accommodation and food provided.
- 6 day week with one full day off and several mornings/evenings in the week.
- To establish and manage a comprehensive and inclusive academic programme for students aged 10-16 years old and of all abilities and to ensure that students and teachers alike gain the most from their time.
- To ensure that a positive learning environment is cultivated, in which every single student can learn and feel empowered to make real progress in English.
- To be responsible for teaching resources and high-quality delivery of English lessons.
- To prepare all the necessary Language School paperwork.
- To ensure academic lessons and activities are integrated to promote the best learning experience for students. This includes organising rotas for teachers who are part of the Language School day to day programme, assigning working time and time off according to the needs of the course, respecting established shift times for each role.
- To manage teachers competently, confidently and professionally, monitoring their performance and providing support, guidance and training where necessary in order to ensure that the Learning and Teaching element of the course is of the highest quality.
- To establish a strong sense of ‘team’ amongst the staff and develop a positive, happy and purposeful atmosphere to work in.
- To hold weekly staff meetings and conducting weekly CPD sessions.
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
Logging in, please wait...
Please enter a valid email address
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.