TEFL Qualified Teachers
They are looking for a passionate, fun, and engaging TEFL tutor to teach English to foreign adults in the East London area. The tutor must be able to commit at least one year to teaching as well as being patient and friendly to students, who may find it difficult to adapt to a new language and culture.
- They are looking for a passionate, fun, and engaging TEFL tutor to teach English to foreign adults in the East London area. The tutor must be able to commit at least one year to teaching as well as being patient and friendly to students, who may find it difficult to adapt to a new language and culture.
- A successful candidate should be able to present a structured course and lessons to students, with clear learning objectives and aims that should be achieved at the end of the lesson. Using a course book to guide you is fine but there must be a chronological order to lessons so students can follow.
Being a multi-linguist is preferable.
- Preparing lessons in advance that last in one hour intervals using relevant and appropriate guidelines.
- Producing lessons that vary in what is being taught. This means that the TEFL tutor should be able to teach lessons that involve improving speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, so that students can improve in all areas.
- Have fun and engaging lessons.
- Be adaptable in lessons if something does not work out i.e have a BACK UP plan.
- Achieve aims and lessons in lessons.
- Set homework.
- Report to the company as soon as possible if there are any issues with students or if the company requires information.
- MUST BE TEFL-qualified (you will need to show your certificate!).
- Be willing to be coach-able and learn tutoring skills from the company to further enhance your skills through the company’s ethos (i.e. don’t just teach to improve grades, but teach to improve the student’s learning principles and practicality so they know how to study effectively).
- Good experience in teaching generally.
- Confident and being a leader.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Responsibility, close attention to detail, ability to meet lesson aims and objectives.
Things that must be written in your CV or Cover Letter:
- Must be TEFL qualified.
- You have a DBS in the last two years.
- You can work in East London at short notice if you are accepted as a GradeScholars tutor.
- Can work 5 hours a week when times get busy.
If this is something that you can do then great! Apply for the role. This will be a long-term position and you will get more clients over the next year
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||Few months to over one year (few hours a week) Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||Competitive Per Hour|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||18th Sep 2019|
|Application Deadline:||31st Oct 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||100+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||4|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.