Sending teachers to Asia since 1990!
Teach 1-on-1 in Tokyo
Teach English in Japan and discover a truly exotic culture!
Half the students are adults (of which many at the pre-intermediate level) and half are children, although this can vary considerably from day to day.
- 40-minute 1-on-1 classes.
- 50-minute group classes (maximum 6 students).
- Workdays are roughly 12-9 pm with max 6.5 teaching hours.
- 29 teaching hours per week.
- Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
- 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
The majority of the schools are located in the Kanto region, which is essentially the Greater Tokyo/Yokohama metropolitan area. This job requires teaching at a few different locations in a week, which adds some variety, and travel costs will be paid by the school.
Schools usually have 2-4 classrooms.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor degree.
- CELTA | DELTA | Trinity certTESOL | a 120-hour TEFL certificate with at least 6 hours practicum | a TEFL under 120 hours with 3 months experience.
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic and positive.
Salary and Benefits
- At least 245,000 yen ($2,350) per month, higher salary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Sponsored visa for full-time teachers.
- 20 days holiday.
- Around 6 weeks of annual leave, including national holidays. This will normally include non-working periods of at least 6 days in spring, 8 days in summer and 10 days during Christmas and New Year.
- Travel costs paid.
- All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
- Comprehensive training is provided by the school, which is ideal if this is your first English teaching job.
- New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker.
- 12 month contract.
With over 500,000 alumni, 85,000 current students, and 1,000 teachers, we know this will be the experience of a lifetime!
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage teachers to explore the local culture and neighboring countries.
Our Head Offices are populated with teachers who have grown and developed with the company and moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, recruitment, marketing and sales.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||245000JPY Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||22nd Mar 2021|
|Application Deadline:||8th Mar 2021|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||6|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.