The Northeastern area, known as Esan, is home to the majority of their placements; it has the lowest cost-of-living in Thailand and is the richest area in terms of culture. Most people embark on a journey to teach in Thailand to embrace a new culture, and the Esan area will give you an authentic experience and a chance to see the ‘real Thailand’.
- This academy works in partnership with over 70 schools throughout the country, placing teachers in the Northeastern, North and Central areas of Thailand. They’ll offer you the chance to state your preferences prior to the placement process; then find an available placement that best matches your preferences. The Northeastern area, known as Esan, is home to the majority of their placements; it has the lowest cost-of-living in Thailand and is the richest area in terms of culture. Most people embark on a journey to teach in Thailand to embrace a new culture, and the Esan area will give you an authentic experience and a chance to see the ‘real Thailand’. Even the most rural locations are usually never more than a 1-2 hour bus ride from a big city.
About the School:
- The academy is Thailand’s top English teaching placement provider. If you are looking for a unique life experience while making a difference in the lives of others, then they would love to hear from you! They’ve placed and supported thousands of teachers from around the world, providing teachers with the opportunity to fully immerse in the culture and become part of the local community.
- While living in Thailand is an adventure, teaching there is a full time job. Teaching hours are typically between 18 – 24 periods per week, Monday – Friday. With the support and guidance from their curriculum consultants, they expect teachers to plan creative and engaging lessons.
- If you want to be a successful teacher in Thailand, you should aim to bring a lot of energy into the classroom, and while they expect you to take teaching seriously, it’s also recommended that teachers have a lot of fun in the classroom.
- Curriculum is fully provided by their in-house Curriculum Development team. So you can focus on putting your energy into the classroom and helping students to develop their English, rather than worrying about what topics to teach.
- Although the curriculum is provided, teachers are offered the opportunity and flexibility to teach according to individual style.
- Typically, classes have about 30-50 students, and each class is 50 minutes long.
- Most teachers will have 20-24 classes per week, Monday-Friday 7:45am-4:30pm.
- They offer the flexibility of shorter contract commitments so you can choose to either renew with them or move on to new adventures afterwards.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary is 31,000 Thai baht per month and can go up according to the candidates qualifications
- 3,000 Thai baht Non-B work visa reimbursement (with all paperwork sorted by staff).
- Free Work Permit (with all paperwork sorted by staff).
- Free accident insurance.
- Dedicated team of Thai and Native English speaking consultants supporting teachers throughout the semester (face-to-face, via phone, and online).
- Paid Thai public holidays.
- Full curriculum and textbooks provided.
- 3-Day Orientation and training in Bangkok (Thai language, culture, school system, visa, etc.).
- Assistance with opening the Thai bank account.
- Assistance with obtaining the Thai SIM card.
- Renewal bonus.
- Airport pick-up available.
- Couples welcome to apply.
- Accommodation pre-arranged before arrival with provided 3,000 Thai baht monthly allowance.
- Pay for own travel, daily expenses (food, toiletries, etc.).
- BA minimum in any field due to visa requirements in Thailand.
- Native English level speaker.
- No teaching experience required, but a TEFL certificate is
- Must have clean criminal record.
- A positive attitude.
- A desire to learn more about and immerse in the Thai culture, and a passion for teaching!
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||4-6 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers|
|Pay:||30,000-31,000 THB Per Month|
|Start Date:||15th Nov 2019|
|Application Deadline:||29th Nov 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||250-300|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.