Teacher for Private Language School
This company is seeking an English Teacher for Young Learners for a language school in Taiwan. This opportunity is to teach Kindergarten to elementary aged students.
- Generous like its 23 million people, Taiwan offers wondrous vistas, lively traditions and a culture as luxuriant as Jade Mountain on a sunny day.
- Famed for centuries as Ilha Formosa (Beautiful Isle; 美麗島; Měilìdǎo), this is a land with more sides than the 11-headed Guanyin. Towering sea cliffs, marble-walled gorges and tropical forests are just the start of your journey, which could take you as far as Yushan, Taiwan’s 3952m alpine roof. In Taiwan you can criss-cross mountains on colonial-era hiking trails or cycle a lone highway with the blue Pacific on one side and green volcanic arcs on the other. And if you simply want a classic landscape to enjoy, you’ll find them around every corner.
- Have you eaten?’ The words are used as a greeting here, and the answer is always ‘yes’, as there’s just too much nibbling to do. Taiwan offers the gamut of Chinese cuisines, the best Japanese outside Japan, and a full house of local specialities from Tainan milkfish and Taipei beef noodles to indigenous barbecued wild boar. Night markets serve endless feasts of snacks including oyster omelettes, shrimp rolls and shaved ice. When you’re thirsty you can indulge in juices from the freshest fruits, local craft beer, fragrant teas and, in a surprising twist, Asia’s best gourmet coffee and drinking chocolate.
- Taiwan is heir to the entire Chinese tradition of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and that amorphous collection of deities and demons worshiped as folk faith. Over the centuries the people have blended their way into a unique and tolerant religious culture that’s often as ritual heavy as Catholicism and as wild as Santeria.Taiwanese temples (all 15,000) combine worship hall, festival venue and art house under one roof. Watch a plague boat burn at Donglong Temple, go on a pilgrimage with the Empress of Heaven, study a rooftop three-dimensional mosaic, and learn why a flag and ball have come to represent prayer.
About The School:
- With over 30 years of history, the School is the pre-eminent private language school in Pingtung City, Southern Taiwan, and the first to teach both English and Japanese. Their teachers are friendly and professional and ready to help you make the move to Taiwan, whether you are a brand new graduate or experienced teacher. This school will make sure you are supported every step of the way.
- Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor degree and be passionate about working with young children.
- Native Level English speakers preferred.
- TEFL certificate.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||65,000 NT$ Per Month|
|Start Date:||16th Nov 2019|
|Application Deadline:||30th Nov 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.