Vacancies for Teaching
Exciting opportunities to teach English in a beautiful country. Do you have a passion for teaching, exploring new countries and experiencing new cultures, then this opportunity is for you!
About The School:
- This well-established organisation have over 70 schools across Taiwan and are expanding every year. They have schools in some of the most exciting cities in Taiwan. They aim to provide fun and productive English lessons to their students of all ages, abilities, and levels.
- They are working closely with a well established and respected organisation who have opportunities available in over 70 ESL schools across Taiwan for English Teachers. These opportunities have ongoing start dates.
- 25 teaching hours per week (on average).
- Students are aged 3-16 years old.
- Classes are mostly group classes, but schools do also offer 1-to-1 classes.
- Average class sizes of 6-12 students per class.
- All materials, resources, and teaching guides necessary to teach the curriculum will be provided.
- Teachers follow a tailored curriculum that provides a lesson guide for every class but also allow for the teacher to adapt to their own particular teaching style.
- A local teaching assistant will be present in all Very Young Learners classes.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor degree.
- TEFL certificate.
- Candidates without a TEFL certificate will also be considered, subject to obtaining one within 3 months of commencement of their contract.
- Native level English speakers.
- Candidates should have a positive and open mind to be part of the team.
About the Country:
- Famed for centuries as Ilha Formosa (Beautiful Isle; 美麗島; Měilìdǎo), this is a land with more sides than the 11-headed Guanyin. Towering sea cliffs, marble-walled gorges and tropical forests are just the start of your journey, which could take you as far as Yushan, Taiwan’s 3952m alpine roof. In Taiwan you can cross mountains on colonial-era hiking trails or cycle a lone highway with the blue Pacific on one side and green volcanic arcs on the other. And if you simply want a classic landscape to enjoy, you’ll find them around every corner.
- ‘Have you eaten?’ The words are used as a greeting here, and the answer is always ‘yes’, as there’s just too much nibbling to do. Taiwan offers the gamut of Chinese cuisines, the best Japanese outside Japan, and a full house of local specialties from Tainan milk fish and Taipei beef noodles to indigenous barbecued wild boar. Night markets serve endless feasts of snacks including oyster omelettes, shrimp rolls and shaved ice. When you’re thirsty you can indulge in juices from the freshest fruits, local craft beer, fragrant teas and, in a surprising twist, Asia’s best gourmet coffee and drinking chocolate.
- Taiwan is heir to the entire Chinese tradition of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and that amorphous collection of deities and demons worshiped as folk faith. Over the centuries the people have blended their way into a unique and tolerant religious culture that’s often as ritual heavy as Catholicism and as wild as Santeria.Taiwanese temples (all 15,000) combine worship hall, festival venue and art house under one roof. Watch a plague boat burn at Donglong Temple, go on a pilgrimage with the Empress of Heaven, study a rooftop three-dimensional mosaic, and learn why a flag and ball have come to represent prayer.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||Competitive Per Month|
|Start Date:||17th Oct 2019|
|Application Deadline:||31st Oct 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||5|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.