Join one of Taiwan’s leading language centres today!
This school is one of the fastest-growing English language centres in Taiwan, taking on over 100 new teachers each year at our 70+ branches across the country. If you are a motivated ESL teacher looking to join a company that provides continuous support, values teacher happiness, and provides the opportunity for you to grow as a teacher, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Before you start teaching you’ll join a group of new teachers for their monthly training week at Head Office. Training covers everything from managing and motivating students, to creating fun and engaging classes across a range of different ages. You’ll also get to see all course books and how to use them effectively, as well as observe a few live classes with current teachers. Training will also touch on cultural differences, contract details, taxes, responsibilities, and expectations to ensure both new and experienced teachers fully understand the scope of the position, the organisation, and living in Taiwan.
This school has a western Director of Studies designated to each district in Taiwan. Your designated Director of Studies will not only ensure your continued professional development through scheduled observations and feedback sessions but will also provide assistance for any troubles or difficulties you may be experiencing, both inside or outside the classroom.
- Working hours: 20-25 teaching hours per week. Very little admin work and no after-hours marking. There are no big gaps between classes.
- Student age: 3-16 years old
- Class size: maximum of 10 students for very young learners, and a maximum of 18 students for young learners.
- Curriculum: they have a tailored curriculum which provides teachers with all the teaching guides, resources, and materials necessary to deliver fun and engaging classes.
- Assistance: All classes have a local teaching assistant to help with activity preparation and classroom management.
A Competitive Salary Package:
- NT$580-640 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- NT$600-640 per hour for TEFL certificate holders
- NT$10 per hour salary increase every 6 months and a further NT$20 every 12 months
- NT$20,000 contract completion bonus (All contracts are 12 months)
- Salary is guaranteed at 20 hours per week, even if hours fall below 20
- Working visa provided
- Health insurance provided
- Airport pick up
- Arrival hotel arranged by the school and partially reimbursed
- Help with getting a health check
- Assistance in opening a bank account and getting a mobile number
- Provided assistance in finding an apartment
- One week of valuable initial training
- Scheduled observation and feedback sessions help with professional development
- Occasional teaching workshops to aid professional development
- Numerous opportunities for career advancement within the company, including roles in academia, publishing, marketing, and recruitment
- The Head Office team will make sure you’re completely taken care of during your trip to Taiwan. Ensuring you’re completely prepared with all the correct documents before you head to the airport. Once you land, you’ll be picked up at the airport and taken to your arrival hotel for some R&R after your trip. During your first week, the wellness officer will accompany you to get a health check, apply for your work permit, open a bank account for you, and help find you an apartment that meets your requirements.
- Native level English speakers
- Have a full university degree and a TEFL qualification.
- The Taiwanese government requires teachers to submit a government-issued national police criminal record background check from their home country.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||NT$600+ Per Hour|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Application Deadline:||31st Dec 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||On-going|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.