They are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic EFL teacher to join their team from September 2021 to June 2022. Applicants must have English at first language level, a university degree and appropriate TEFL qualification. Minimum two years teaching experience of different ages and levels, especially young learners and teens is essential. Candidates should also be familiar with Cambridge PET, FCE and CAE exams.
The position involves mainly teaching general English to children and young learners (5 -18 years) and Cambridge exam preparation. They also have one-to-one adult students learning general and business English.
The teaching will essentially be classroom based, however experience in online teaching and some knowledge of Spanish would also be an advantage in the event of a change to online classes due to Covid-19.
The contract is for 25 teaching hours per week. There is no weekend work and holidays are paid at Christmas and Easter. Full, in-house training is provided before the start of the contract and on-going training sessions are held throughout the academic year.
Their language school in Lorca is part of the inlingua international language organisation. Opened in 1986, the school is small, friendly, well established and is located in the town centre of Lorca in the south-east province of Murcia. Their teaching team provides high quality language training for children, young learners, adults and companies in the local area.
Lorca is in the region of Murcia in the south-east of Spain and has a population of around 80,000. It is a typical bustling Spanish town with everywhere a short walking distance away. It is a great place to learn and practice Spanish with language exchange groups taking place frequently near the school during the week. There are many bars and restaurants serving tapas, typical of the region, and plenty of cafés to sit outside and enjoy the 320 days of sunshine which Lorca has each year.
- Full social security cover paid
- Contract 13 september 2021 - 30 June 2022
- Maximum 25 teaching hours Monday to Friday. Early finish on Fridays
- No weekend work
- Paid holidays at Christmas & Easter plus any other local or national holidays
- Help provided in finding accommodation
- Help setting up bank account and social security documents needed to work in Spain
- Spanish classes available at the school
- Salary above national pay scales (details on application)
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Have English at first language level
- Have an EU passport, Spanish residency or visa to work in Spain
- Have a university degree
- Have an appropriate TEFL/CELTA/ESOL certificate
- Have at least two years experience of teaching EFL to wide range of levels - Have experience of teaching young children, teens and adults
- Be familiar with Cambridge PET and FCE exams
- Having some knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage as would experience of online teaching.
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.