Please sign in to view company details
You must be a student with us to view the full job details, please sign in to view the company information.Go to login
BECOME A NeuABC TUTOR, a Powerful Online Platform—with Macmillan Content!
This company is seeking experienced and enthusiastic U.S. and Canada-based ESL/EFL teachers as tutors for a new online EFL tutoring service designed to help Chinese primary students learn English through a 1:1 match with tutors that speak English at an idiomatic level. As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online EFL lessons as independent contractors working from home. Tutors typically work at least 4 hours per week, usually in the early morning or evening hours, based on client volume and needs. The children, ages 3–13, will be excited to practice English with their tutors in an engaging, interactive 1:1 online setting. You’ll be working on a dynamic, new platform powered by partner companies in China and the U.S.—with tried-and-true content adapted from Happy Campers by Macmillan Education, LLC. Together, Cricket Media and NeuPals will supply administrative and scheduling support.
– Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) are the most suitable candidates.
– Must speak English at an idiomatic level and be a resident of the United States or Canada.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred, candidates with an associate’s degree will be considered. Most suitable candidates have an accredited teaching certification or ESL certification (e.g., TESOL, TESL, TEFL, etc.). Candidates willing to complete course to receive accredited certification within 6 months of the hiring date will be considered.
– At least 4 peak hours a week availability for tutoring (early mornings Mon-Fri 7:00 am – 9:00 am ET, evenings Fri and Sat 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm ET).
– Experience teaching or volunteering with children (ages 3-13).
– In addition to classroom/online experience, 1:1 tutoring experience ideal.
– Comfort and experience delivering online instruction and teaching objectives in a clear and concise manner.
– Must be able to effectively utilize teaching tools, including ClassIn, PDF, PowerPoint, etc.
– Access to high-speed internet capable of transmitting seamless video and images.
– Professionalism and professional attire required.
They are a global education company known for creating high-quality print and multi-media products for children, families, eMentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by its nine award-winning publications for children and customizable research-tested collaborative learning platform, the company is committed to making, building, and supporting innovative learning experiences with high-quality, age-appropriate content that help children safely experience the world. They help families and schools build and support lifelong learning. Its nine magazines are published nine times a year, creating an ever-growing digital library of more than 150,000 short-form articles and illustrations. In2Books, a division of Cricket Media®, is a China-centric platform and services company with a focus on literacy, language learning, and international education.
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.