Teach English Overseas
Would you like to be part of a like-minded team of teachers and work with students from all over the world?
St. Paul’s Bay, also known as San Pawl il-Baħar by the Maltese, is a town with 14,057 inhabitants located in the north east side if the Island. It started as a small fishing village but has grown significantly since its founding. St Paul’s Bay is a very popular area during the summer months and population goes up to around 60,000 people due to the Maltese summer residents and the tourists. Some parts of Saint Paul’s Bay are very developed and have many touristic amenities. There are some very beautiful and stunning natural highlights in the area and the coastline here has wonderful open sea views.
About the Job:
Would you like to be part of a like-minded team of teachers and work with students from all over the world? This is an owner-run organisation built on core values: supply quality service, they choose to be small and we remain client-focused, small and personal. The company offer general English programmes (standard and mini groups), Business English, exam preparation, English for young learners and teenagers. The students come from various European countries, Latin America and Asia. The school is a modern centre with an interactive whiteboard in every classroom.
As an EFL teacher you are responsible for delivering engaging English lessons which benefit learners inside and outside the classroom. You’ll use their course books and materials (they have a set syllabus for every level and course which is easy for you to follow), plus a variety of audiovisual aids and supplementary resources, to encourage students to communicate with each other using the structures and vocabulary they’ve learnt and to improve the four basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. The communicative approach is used, so it is important to make the lessons as dynamic and interactive as possible.
You can Expect:
- Class size- 6-12 (adults), up to 15 (juniors)
- The hours range from 22.5-28 hrs per week in the shoulder months (spring and autumn) and 30-37.5 hrs per week in the peak season (June to Sept).
- Monday to Friday.
- Supplementary materials, course books and interactive packs in every classroom.
- Progress tests are ready-made.
- Assistant to help with becoming familiar with the school along with peer observations to get a feel of what goes on in the classroom.
- To be punctual, prepare photocopies before the lesson, fill in attendance/ record of work, report any damage, help students with problems, fill in student summaries when they leave, check their dummy certificate
- Paid holidays, Free CPD for in-house teachers, help with settling on the island, airport pick-up, other benefits which can be discussed during your interview.
- To be offered teacher mentoring programmes and professional development.
- Opportunities beginning in March and summer 2020
- TEFL certificate
- BA in English or SEPTT exam on arrival
- If you are not in possession of the required qualification or permits and require further guidance, feel free to get in touch with them by requesting more information.
- Native level of English is required
What you need to know:
|Location:||St Paul's Bay, Malta|
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||9.50-12.50 euros Per Hour|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||15th Mar 2020|
|Application Deadline:||31st Jul 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||2|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.