Teach English abroad in Asia and do rewarding work!
Wanted: English Teacher in Tokyo
Teach English to adults and children in Tokyo and discover a truly exotic culture!
A large portion of the adult students fall in the pre-intermediate category. About half the students are children. Travel costs will be paid by the school.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- A CELTA /DELTA certificate or a recognized 120-hour TEFL certificate with at least 6 months of teaching experience.
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic and positive.
Salary and Benefits
- 245,000+ yen ($2300) per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- 20 days holiday.
- Sponsored visa for full-time teachers.
- 12 month contract.
- 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
- 29 teaching hours per week.
- Workdays are roughly 12-9 PM with no more than 6.5 hours of actual teaching per day.
- Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
- Comprehensive training is provided by the school, which is ideal if this is your first English teaching job.
- New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker.
- All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||245000 Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||30th Nov 2020|
|Application Deadline:||28th Dec 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||7|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.