ESL TEACHERS ONLINE AND
Founded in 1983
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, they need to be flexible regarding the type of teaching they are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of their client schools, lessons in the University Program, Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program, might be delivered on campus/at school, online, or perhaps even a combination of the two.
Lessons will be held according to regular on-campus hours in Japan, such as between 9:00 and 18:00 (Japan Standard Time), regardless of whether they are held on campus or online.
Considering the above, they are looking for the following applicants for the Fall 2020 term:
– Those who live in Japan already and would be willing to work remotely and on-campus if needed.
– Those who live outside Japan at the moment but would be willing to work remotely despite the time difference and to come to Japan if needed.
Please refer to the information on their website for the general conditions of their programs. If the immigration/travel restrictions are lifted before the Fall 2020 term, they may ask you to come to Japan. If so, more details about flight arrangement conditions and reimbursement at that time.
In order to be able to teach online, you would need to meet the following requirements:
– Internet speed of 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred.
– Microsoft Windows 10.
– May 2019 Update  (or newer); or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (or newer) (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to confirm whether it is ok or not)
– Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 (or newer).
– Valid and active anti-virus software – Web camera and microphone.
– Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required.
This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realising the dream of exploring a foreign country.
– University graduate with a bachelor’s and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary).
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications.
– Spring Term; Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months).
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months).
– Fall Term; Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months).
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months).
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi.
– 260,000 yen approximately per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience.
– Approximately 275,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or who have 500+ hours of classroom teaching experience.
– 275,000 yen approximately per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications.
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
* ATTENTION *
They are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
– Master’s degree or higher.
– Total 3 years’ experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects).
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||3 Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|Pay:||275,000 Japanese Yen Per Month|
|Start Date:||21st Sep 2020|
|Application Deadline:||14th Sep 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||20+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||80|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.