English Teachers Wanted
They are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realising the dream of exploring a foreign country.
This organisation aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. They have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on their programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of their students’ lives and careers, they have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
- Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
- Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months)
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
- Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- University graduate with a bachelor’s and/or more advanced degree,
- Experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment.
- TEFL Certificate.
- Teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary) preferred but not essential
- No Japanese language ability is required.
- Total 3 years’ experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects) preferred
What you need to know:
|Location:||Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi|
|Contract Length:||3-6 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|Pay:||275,000 JPY Per Month|
|Start Date:||30th Apr 2020|
|Application Deadline:||30th Jan 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||100+|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.