Language school where their strongest area continues to be the value and service they give to their clients.
This school is currently offering two full time teaching positions, starting from September/October 2020.
Hours: 25 hours per week contact hours + 4 hours training / meetings / admin.
You will be required to undergo paid induction at the start of your contract, attend weekly or monthly CPD and informative meetings, and deliver lessons to YLEs, teens and adults on and off-site.
Courses will cover exam preparation, general English and English for specific needs.
The school will support training initiatives if in line with the annual objectives.
Much of the work is off site and travel expenses will be covered.
– Apply the QA system to reflect the Didactic Policy (Mission) in all areas.
– Manage the classes and courses assigned according to the information given.
– Ensure the lesson and course content is coherent with the Syllabus and aims given by DoS.
– Ensure that groups and individuals are continuously monitored during lessons and collect feedback regularly in order to guide lesson content.
– Teachers are responsible for student satisfaction relating to the teaching and meeting of objectives.
– Any problems arising in or out of the classroom, staff room or at any internal or external site where you are teaching, should be immediately reported to the Director or Quality Manager.
– Participate actively in meetings in order to be continuously updated on new initiatives, products, services and projects.
– Participate actively in CPD sessions and professional training planned by the Director, Academic Manager, DoS, or CEM.
– Carry out peer observations and expect to be observed by Director, DoS, and peers.
– Arrive to lessons prepared and with all needed materials 10 minutes before the start time for both on-site and off-site classes.
– Student self-study / homework should be checked by the teacher at least once a week and feedback given to the student.
– Written work must be marked promptly, feedback given, and rewrites encouraged.
– Supportive and useful feedback must be given on speaking tasks as part of continuous assessment.
– Teachers should make relevant notes on the online register to refer back to during individual student portfolios.
– Ensure the classroom is supervised under all circumstances during a lesson with under 18-year-olds.
– Behave professionally with students, clients, and colleagues at all times.
– Teachers should respect and support internal decisions where students and courses are concerned.
– Respect differences in culture, politics, or religion. Be sensitive when expressing personal preferences in the classroom.
– Support management and maintain a sense of loyalty and belonging to the school.
– Use appropriate tact when communicating with peers, colleagues, and clients.
– Follow the dress code: smart (not formal), clean and appropriate to the culture.
Junior Teacher: Must hold a CELTA or equivalent qualification, Degree and a clean driving license.
Senior teacher / Teacher trainer: Must hold a CELTA, DELTA or equivalent, Degree and clean driving license.
They are based in Central Milan, Italy. This school is accredited by MIUR (Ministry of Education, University and Research), by the Lombardy Region and is an AISLi school and, as such, adheres to high quality standards. Their strongest area continues to be the value and service they give to their clients.
They try to ensure that clients are well-aware of what they can expect from this school and what they expect from them.
They try to help students to become autonomous in their learning by spending time on student inductions and giving individual tutorials to all of their in-house students.
The school is renowned for being supportive of teachers and investing in and encouraging CPD. They have been members of AISLi since 2007 and encourage their employees to attend annual conferences.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Milano, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy|
|Contract Length:||8 Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||1400 + Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||28th Sep 2020|
|Application Deadline:||11th Sep 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||2|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.