Various Roles as a Teaching Assistant
You'll provide high-quality early childhood education in English through play and everyday situations as well as set activities, resulting in successful language acquisition from a very young age.
What is the Bilingual Program?
This is a private, non-profit, tuition-based educational enterprise operating in Hungarian state and private educational institutions. As such, they are a public-private partnership that has been providing unique educational opportunities to hundreds of families in Hungary since 2001.
They operate their nationally accredited program in four primary schools, one high school and two kindergartens in Budapest and its environs. The primary school program encompasses 1st through 8th grade and involves nearly every subject in the curriculum, making it possible for teachers of diverse backgrounds to draw on their training and experience and deliver quality teaching to students aged 6 to 14. The high school program, which begins in Grade 5 and currently runs up through Grade 10, mirrors their primary school program in method and content.
In the kindergarten program, children aged 3 to 6 are immersed in a bilingual environment using the ‘one person, one language model’. Within this context, you’ll provide high-quality early childhood education in English through play and everyday situations as well as set activities, resulting in successful language acquisition from a very young age.
An innovative approach to teaching is provided, including the interactive and communicative approach favoured in EFL environments as well as Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in subject lessons at all grade levels and in the kindergarten. As such, the company co-teach: teachers hold lessons jointly and alternate in the leading role, switching languages throughout the course of the lesson. Students thus study simultaneously in both English and Hungarian. They are also innovating in terms of technology in teaching, integrating various online learning platforms into our program and making extensive use of tablets in our primary and high school classrooms.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- The chance to work with a sizeable staff of fellow English speakers
- Year-round training opportunities and opportunities for advancement
- In-depth orientation before you start teaching
- A school-based team leader and a coordinator
- HR Manager charged with handling all housing-related matters and all immigration procedures as well as medical visits and all work-related papers and procedures
- A teacher mentor
- Assistance with documentation on everything from culture shock to medical care in Hungary.
- Can speak English to level C2 at least
- Have experience working with and a love of young children, middle schoolers and/or high school students
- Hard-working, outgoing, innovative and creative
- Able to form good relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- Able to work as part of a team but are also independent, self-starting and highly motivated
- Highly adaptable and solution-focused
- Ready to navigate differences in culture flexibly and with an open mind
- A degree in teaching
- Certification in TEFL
- Extensive experience in the classroom, ideally with one or more of the age groups they teach
- Consideration will be given if you have other appropriate qualifications.
*Various start dates until 2021
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers|
|Pay:||Competitive Per Month|
|Start Date:||1st Aug 2020|
|Application Deadline:||30th Jun 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||5|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.