Please sign in to view company details
You must be a student with us to view the full job details, please sign in to view the company information.Go to login
This is a British-owned company with over 20 years experience of providing English language education to children and young people in our language centres in Hong Kong. During this time they have supported lots of teachers to relocate to Hong Kong to take up roles teaching in their centres.
They provide a high-quality, interactive and nurturing learning environment for students. Their classes are strongly geared towards oral interaction as well as reading and writing. They limit class sizes to a maximum of 4 students. This provides students with an ideal learning and teaching environment, they place students according to their level of English rather than their age which helps to support and challenge the students. They are also a registered Trinity College London Examination Centre.
Students enrol for differing reasons, here are some of the most common:
* Practice English
* Improve confidence in speaking English
* Prepare for primary and secondary school interviews – often there’s a part of the interview requiring children to speak in English.
* Learn phonics
* Improve reading
* Improve grammar
* Improve writing
* Have fun, meet with westerners and take away the scare factor that westerners can sometimes be perceived to have!
They provide teachers with a supportive and interesting working environment where they can develop their skills and meet a variety of new people from different parts of the world. The successful applicants will work in one of their twelve centres as part of a small team. They will be responsible for teaching, planning and preparing lessons, and for completing related admin tasks. They offer a comprehensive induction programme for new teachers and there are plenty of opportunities to develop their professional skills, with many getting involved with curriculum development. They also ensure that less experienced teachers have an experienced mentor to support them in their work.
They believe in consistency for all students is vital, so contracts are a minimum of 12 months.
- Monthly salary (starting) HK$20,000 - salary is reviewed after 6 months
- Retirement benefit HK$1,000
- Completion gratuity bonus HK$12,000
- Affordable accommodation provided for the duration of your contract on Hong Kong Island (optional).
- Employer sponsored Work Visa arranged
- Airport meet, greet & transportation
- Comprehensive training and induction
- Ongoing professional development
- Salary advances - You really can come out to Hong Kong with no more than £100 in your wallet!
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent (A to C including Maths and English)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 120hrs TEFL certificate
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
Logging in, please wait...
Please enter a valid email address
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.