Please sign in to view company details
You must be a student with us to view the full job details, please sign in to view the company information.Go to login
The organisation are looking for volunteer teachers for a minimum commitment of 10 weeks, to deliver English classes to refugees and asylum seekers in Ioannina and the Epirus region. The ideal candidate(s) will have experience teaching English as a foreign/second language and will possess a strong understanding of or passion for the context we work in (refugee crisis). Experience delivering educational activities to vulnerable populations is a strong advantage.
The role will include:
- Delivering daily classes to the population at assigned site
- Preparing class materials
- Ensuring student engagement and progress
- Working closely with the Programme Manager to ensure the programme is being delivered to the expected standards of Second Tree
Additional BenefitsThey Offer
- Accommodation in a shared house.
- Transportation to/from work.
- After completion of a three month trial, if you commit long-term, small monthly expenses refund.
- Be accountable and efficient, making sure that tasks that you take up are completed in the agreed timeframe
- Be honest and transparent, being able to give and receive feedback in the most straightforward way
- Have a strong sense of humor, being able to make fun of yourself is key
- Care for people, the interests of the people we work with should always be your first concern
- Instil the values above in the people that work with you
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-level classroom
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload
- Ability to work in a high-intensity environment
- Adaptable, flexible attitude and approach to teaching and classroom management
- Strong communication, inter-personal and writing skills
- Ability to communicate in an open, honest, direct manner
- Experience working in the refugee context
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- To support the psycho-social and intellectual development of refugees and asylum seekers
- To empower them with interpersonal – and life – skills
- To enable access to quality learning resources
- To develop their English language skills in preparation for certification
- To strengthen their ability to enter formal education and/or the workplace
- To foster their integration into European society
How to apply
Application details are only available to our students. Please login to your student account view application details:
Logging in, please wait...
Please enter a valid email address
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.