This camp seeks Counsellors for British-themed overnight camps for French children. They hire energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers and love working with children.
Start Dates 2020:
- March 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- April 23rd, 30th
- May 22
- June 24
- June 30
- September 10
- This camp seeks Counsellors for British-themed overnight camps for French children. They hire energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers and love working with children.
- The camps have been running in France since 1994! English Language Counsellors live at their immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
- They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counsellors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
- The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks
- Salary is 1170 euros per month
- Meals and housing are paid for by the employer
Salary and Perks:
- A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counsellors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counsellors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- Multiple camps running simultaneously across France. They pay for any work-related transportation costs if the counsellor changes camps.
- Be a team player, be organised, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Become receptive to their approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- Have the capability to organise activities: sports, arts and crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Know enough about British history and culture to brainstorm themed activities and skits.
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Have a personal reference ready and be working towards the end of your TEFL course
- Fluent English
- Required experience: camp counselling, childcare, and/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for applying
- Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||6-8 Week(s)|
|Job Type:||Summer Camp|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||€1170 Per Month|
|Start Date:||5th Mar 2020|
|Application Deadline:||1st Feb 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||20+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||30|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.