Volunteer English Teacher
The company is an international education NGO with over 10 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia.
The structure/organisation is an international education NGO with over 10 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the company, they teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leaderships skills and develop extracurricular activities that focus on English and robotics. They believe that, given the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
You will plan and teach English classes in cooperation with the local teachers and run extracurricular English clubs. Depending on the position, the volunteer teaches between 3 to 5 hours/day, 5 days a week + 2 hours of extracurricular club per week + lesson planning.
The company requires volunteers every year
- 4 volunteers needed within the city of Medellin.
- 5 volunteers needed in El Carmen de Viboral, 1h from Medellin
- Length of Service: From January to November (the Colombian school year)
- Colombian school schedule includes a large number of long weekends
- One week off for Semana Santa (March or April), 2 weeks off in June, days off in October. Holidays are paid.
- Stipend of $900,000 cop/month, which is about $300 USD.
- Teaching students from 3 years old to adults
- 11 month contract – January to November
- Option to have a bedroom with a family
- Help with the visa, help to open a bank account, airport pickup and training week
- B1 in Spanish preferred
- Class and discipline management skills
- Positive attitude and adaptable
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children
- TEFL certificate
- Experience of living and working in Latin America not required but preferred,
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||11 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||(Voluntary with stipend) Per Month|
|Start Date:||10th Feb 2020|
|Application Deadline:||29th Apr 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||80+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||9|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.