College Oral English Teacher
Lying in the heart of the mountainous Hunan province, this is a relatively new college that provides vocational training to over 12,000 college students.
About the Company:
- In its pursuit of excellence, the college is looking to add committed foreign experts and teachers to its ranks.
- New teachers can expect an easy transition into teaching and life in Xiangtan with the help of the experienced and dedicated staff of the foreign teachers department.
- If you value a challenge and are looking for new adventures abundant in travelling opportunities, a position with them awaits.
- 60% of the foreign teachers love working for this employer so much, they return for a second stint. The reason? Teaching there is a chance to immerse yourself in an ancient and fascinating culture, improve as a teacher, learn Mandarin, save money due to the low cost of living, form lasting friendships with an eclectic mix of people and genuinely impact the lives of your students and people who will cherish their time with you.
- You will be delighted with the level of attention and comfort you receive at this school. The staff are there to help you at every turn and go out of their way to help you adapt and feel at home, all while giving you the freedom to pursue your own individual interests. With 4 teachers from England, Scotland and three Chinese co-workers, they really are like a big, old family.
- Teaching: Monday-Friday; 14-16 teaching hours per week; beginner, intermediate and business English students of college age.
- Additional tutoring opportunities are available through the college’s independent tutoring program. At your leisure, you have the option to earn extra payments each week tutoring children and adults of all English levels.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: 7500 RMB (£830) per month (includes all holiday periods)（include phone 200RMB, electricity 200, water 50, gas 50.）
- Flights: Return flights reimbursed up to 10,000 RMB (1,100 GBP)
- Medical: Full medical examination reimbursement. Free health insurance while in China.
- Visa expenses reimbursed and close support provided throughout the entire process.
- Airport pickup: Included
- Free accommodation and utilities: you will be housed in an on-site, self-contained apartment free of charge. These apartments are fully equipped and include two dual-climate air conditioning units, a flat screen TV, a western toilet, fridge, washing machine etc.
- Utilities: Free WIFI.
- Travel: 1,200 RMB (130 GBP) allowance twice a year.
- Holidays: 2 month summer holiday, 2 month winter holiday, 7 day national holiday in October, other traditional Chinese holidays.
- Teacher’s Day bonus : 1000RMB
Spring Festival bonus: 700RMB
- Chinese Lessons: Free weekly Chinese lessons.
- Tutoring: Additional tutoring opportunities are available through the college’s independent tutoring program.
- Settling in: Settling into a new and foreign place can be a difficult experience. So, upon your arrival you will be placed with a Chinese ‘buddy’ who will help you with tasks such as setting up a bank account, sorting your SIM card etc. while introducing you to Chinese and college life!
- Qualifications: Teachers must have a Bachelor’s Degree as well as a TEFL certificate.
- TEFL Certificate.
- To meet China’s legal visa regulations, you must be a citizen from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- Native level English speaker.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Xiangtan, Hunan, China|
|Contract Length:||9-12 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|Pay:||7000 RMB Per Month|
|Start Date:||30th Dec 2019|
|Application Deadline:||30th Nov 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||3|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.