Teach English abroad in Asia and do rewarding work!
Teach English in Chengdu + free Chinese lessons
Find the perfect blend of adventure and comfort in Chengdu!
The teacher is responsible for delivering educational products and courses to students, and providing a first rate customer experience and positive image of the school.
Teachers will work 5 days a week during the non-peak seasons and up to 6 days per week during the peak seasons of summer and winter course production (usually falling within the periods of June to August and January to February respectively each year). Teachers may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day.
- Student age: 3-18 years old.
- 20 teaching hours + 20 office hours per week.
Salary and Benefits
- 10,000-12,000 RMB after tax based on relevant teaching experience.
- Monthly housing allowance – 2000 RMB.
- Completion bonus – 5000 RMB per contract.
- 8000 RMB flight allowance.
- Insurance covered – 325 RMB.
- Demo bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
- VIP bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
- Free online Chinese lessons.
- Sponsored Foundation TEFL certificate.
- Airport pick up.
- First week free hotel upon arrival.
- Housing loan upon arrival – 7000 RMB.
- Reimbursement for medical, authentication, visa application upon arrival.
- Visa fully covered.
- Teaching assistant who will help you in your classes.
- Reimbursement for qualification- 280 RMB/TKT.
- Qualification allowance CELTA – 300 RMB, PGCE/MA in Education or Tesol – 500 RMB, DELTA/DipTesol – 1000 RMB, DELTM – 1500 RMB.
- Blue card – 440 RMB.
- Senior Teacher/Associate Director of Studies/Director of Studies promotion.
- You have a passport from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, United States, United Kingdom or Ireland.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. This job offers a free TEFL.
- A clear criminal background.
Why Teachers Love Chengdu
The Chinese describe Chengdu as the city people never want to leave, or “The land of milk and honey” due to its agricultural value. The city is globally renowned for its spicy cuisine and tea culture.
Chengdu is locally known for its relaxed and laid back lifestyle, and it has the perfect blend of adventure and comfort. A few hours from the city will take you to the Tibetan plateau, valleys, breath-taking mountain ranges and untouched National parks. In the city however, you can wander around the old-quarters, grab some spicy hotpot with friends or relax at one of the city’s many temples.
When you teach English in Chengdu, you’ll notice the city doesn’t have much western influence like Shanghai or Beijing. This also means that not as many people speak English, so living here can be a bit more challenging, and more authentic.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Chengdu, Sichuan, China|
|Contract Length:||1 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Online School|
|Pay:||12000 RMB Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||28th Dec 2020|
|Application Deadline:||21st Dec 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||4|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.