EFL job in China
The school constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs
You will be responsible for delivering quality lessons to their students. They are looking for teachers who are positive, active and outgoing who have a passion for education. The school constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs. Through these training programs, the school has different career paths to offer.
- Student age range: 2 – 15 years old.
- Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
- Class length: 35 minutes to 1 hour containing various creative teaching techniques.
- Working Hours: 36 Hours (You will have 5 standard working days and 2 consecutive days off-without Saturdays and Sundays); office hours, training, meeting, marketing and teaching hours; office hours, training and teaching hours.
- Training on curriculum is provided initially and throughout the year.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted by a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
- Training: You will receive 15-20 hotel paid days initial training in Beijing. Your first month’s salary is calculated on training days plus working days in your assigned centres.
- On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
Salary and Benefits:
- Monthly income: USD 3200 – 3800 (RMB 22,000 – 26,000) before tax
- Base Salary: USD 1960- 2500 (RMB 13,500 – 17,500) before tax
- Relocation bonus: One-time payment – paid on first pay slip
- Housing: Monthly stipend USD 870(RMB 6,000).
- Bonus: Monthly bonus USD 360 (RMB 2500) -calculated by teacher’s performance data *
- TEFL reimbursement: One-time payment if you need to obtain it for your visa
- Demo class bonus for each student signed up.
- Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
- Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
- Annual Holiday: 1st year teacher has 3 paid days’ annual leave.
- Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
- Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
- Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
- On-boarding: Ground service assistance.
- TEFL certificate
- Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics, English degree given top priority)
- To meet China’s legal visa regulations, you must be a citizen from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1-2 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||USD3200-3800 Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Application Deadline:||31st May 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||20|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.