Lucrative Teaching Role
Multiple roles available with a beneficial contract
Starting date: The new semester of 2020 – March 2020
Working hours and class information:
- 40 mins per lesson, 20 lessons per week
- 20 hours office per week
- 30 students per class
- Primary, high school students
- Working with an assistant of a Chinese teacher in class
- Key public schools in Beijing, very helpful for future career development.
- Primary, high school students, this students’ age group are easier to manage than kindergartens or K-12 training centres.
- High paid public school position – 2600 USD After-tax (around 3100 USD before tax) plus accommodation
- Four months’ vacation per year (2 months’ summer vacation + 2 months’ winter vacation). With the national holidays and weekends, actually you only work 160+ days per year, which gives you time to travel or see family.
- Accommodation provided by the school, the employee could also rent an apartment by him/herself and the school shall provide 2,000 RMB as accommodation allowance.
- Commercial insurance for employees: life insurance, medical insurance, hospitalisation insurance, and accident insurance.
- A subsidy of 6,000 RMB for flight ticket upon the completion of the contract.
- A renewal award of 5,000-10,000RMB after the end of the one-year contract.
The critical reasons why lots of teachers choose to work in public schools are the low working hours, more extended vacation, standard management, and plentiful employee benefits. But generally, most of the public schools in China only pay 1000 to 1500 USD to foreign ESL teachers. The public schools in this program actually pay double than the other public schools, which makes the offer unique.
You could choose to live in the apartment which the school provides for you. It’s outside of the campus. The school has already signed the contract with the landlord. If you choose to rent an apartment by yourself and get the accommodation allowance, you will visit the flats with the assistance of the school. You will sign the contract with the landlord, and the school will cover the caution and first month’s rent first if you don’t have enough funding in the beginning.
The advantages of the location are:
- Less monthly consumption than downtown
- Much better air condition
- The rent is five times less expensive than downtown
- You could save at least 2 hours per day in the crowded public transportation, the accommodation provided by the school is 10 mins by walk to the campus.
- The west side of the campuses are the famous natural parks in Beijing with mountain, lakes, and rivers. The east side of the campuses is the downtown of Beijing where the bars and fancy stores located. Every week, you need to decide if you will go biking, fishing, and picnic in the west, or enjoy the big city life in the east.
- Going to “work” in downtown, or going to “play” in downtown, most of the people may choose the second option.
- Native level English speaker.
- Bachelor degree or above, in any major.
- One hundred twenty hours TEFL certification or above.
- Teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ready to work in China and commit to 10 months’ contract.
- Open-minded, outgoing, responsible, expressive.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||10 Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers|
|Pay:||$2600 Per Month|
|Start Date:||6th Jan 2020|
|Application Deadline:||31st Dec 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||40|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.