English Teachers Wanted
Matching great educators with great opportunities
Teach English In Brunei Darussalam!
They work with a well-established company who, through a long-standing cooperation with the Ministry of Education, have been providing Primary and Secondary English teachers for government schools in Brunei for the past 30 years.
Job Offer Details:
- Salary: 3500-5000 BND/month
- Accommodation allowance: generous allowance
- End of contract bonus: equal to 1/6 of total salary
- Flight allowance: for teacher, spouse and children
- Education allowance: approx. 80% of fees for up to 2 children
- Baggage allowance: 200-500 GBP (incoming) and 875-1200 BND (outgoing)
- Children allowance: 150 BND per child per month
- Settling in allowance: 500 BND
- Car: loan available
- Approx 10 weeks of school holidays per year
- Medical insurance
Role and Responsibilities:
To teach English effectively in school; improve the involvement and attainment of learners; develop the professional capacity of self and colleagues; and act as a positive representative of the teaching profession.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the syllabus, scheme of work and role of English within the bilingual system by planning lessons which take into account the government’s aims, syllabus and students’ learning needs, both in English and across the curriculum.
- Prepare a coherent teaching programme which ensures continuity and progression by providing a detailed, neat scheme of work in the record book for each term at the beginning of the year that complies with requirements.
- Prepare lessons in accordance with the scheme of work and examination system by specifying suitable aims and objectives, procedures, aids and materials, taking into account individual needs and characteristics, and recording this information in the record book.
- Incorporate a balance of activities and patterns of interaction to develop students’ accuracy and fluency across the skills.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
Please note that we will not consider anyone who does not meet these minimum requirements.
- A native-level English speaker
- Maximum age is 53 years
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (from any discipline)
- PGCE (or Bachelor of Education) or equivalent teaching certification from UK, IRE, CAN, AUS, NZ, SA. (Please note we cannot accept US teaching certification)
- 3 years relevant primary teaching experience post PGCE (online teaching and private tutoring not accepted)
- Hold a TEFL Certificate
- Able to provide a background check (less than 6 months old) from your home country or last country of residence
- Pass a health check
- Provide 2 professional references for teaching experience
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||2 Year(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners|
|Pay:||3500-5000 Per Month|
|Start Date:||1st Jan 2021|
|Application Deadline:||20th Aug 2020|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||100+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||40|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
The TEFL Org is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.