Part-Time EFL Teacher Needed
Freelance ESOL/TEFL teachers wanted to join an exciting pool of teachers- a not for profit working to support newcomers to London.
- This organisation was founded 5 years ago as a positive response to negativity towards immigrants. Their aims are to increase individuals skills and confidence and celebrate their diverse community. They work across London offering Free English classes to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants offering flexible non accredited community based sessions.
- Their mantra is fun, social, learning and their core values are positivity, innovation and empathy.
- Most of their students are adults but they also work in school settings and they currently operate during the daytime during the week.
- They are looking for qualified TEFL teachers who would like to join the pool of teachers on a freelance basis as they scale and grow. Initially there would be a 1.30 hour information session on Thursday 3rd October 2019, followed by an induction period.
- As they are a growing not for profit organisation this is hard to predict so the role would suit someone with existing part-time work commitments or flexible availability.
- Although there would be no guaranteed hours, once trained and inducted you could be contacted as future work becomes available for your consideration This could be a one-off or an on-going basis.
- Rate of Pay: The pay would be £30/hour with a minimum session of 2 hour and maximum 4 hours. Session times vary and are currently mostly during the daytime although they would like to expand on this. Pay for sessions is inclusive of preparation time.
Job requirements when leading a session:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a mixed ability class (with the support of the Program Manager)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Teach in a clear and inclusive manner.
- Adapting to the needs of the group but adhering to and enforcing boundaries of acceptable behaviour at the sessions.
- Manage volunteers in the class to help support the students.
- Report back to the Program Manager.
- TEFL Certificate.
- A passion for welcoming and supporting newcomers to learn English
- A warm approachable manner to create a positive atmosphere.
- Experience of teaching community TEFL Sessions desirable.
- An understanding of safeguarding and confidentiality.
- DBS checks are required
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||1 Day(s)|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||£30 Per Hour|
|Start Date:||3rd Oct 2019|
|Application Deadline:||23rd Sep 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||40+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||2|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.