EFL Intern Wanted
A great opportunity for somebody looking to get into teaching English as a Foreign Language: a paid, 9-month teacher training programme in Jaén, Spain’s second sunniest city and capital of the biggest olive oil producing region in the world.
Paid Internship – Centro Británico, Jaén, Spain.
This programme will equip the trainee with the necessary skills and knowledge to be an effective EFL teacher, and would serve as a suitable primer for a Cambridge CELTA course. Furthermore, the extensive classroom experience gained and reference of employment will bolster a CV, giving the intern an advantage over novice teachers in the job market.
- 23rd September 2019 – 26th June 2020
- Weekly training sessions with the Director of Studies, covering such subjects as grammar theory, lesson planning, classroom management, and methodology.
- 12 hours per week teaching practice, with all necessary academic support from the DoS.
- Regular lesson observation and feedback.
- The chance to observe experienced classroom teachers give lessons.
Salary and Benefits:
- 150 euros “start-up” money.
- A monthly stipend of 400 euros.
- 500 euros bonus upon completion of the contract.
- Exhaustive help in finding accommodation and in settling in.
- TEFL certificate.
- Native level of English.
- Previous experience with language learning is an advantage.
- The ideal candidate for this internship will be enthusiastic.
- Have a love for helping people.
- Who can see teaching as becoming a long-term vocation for him/herself.
About the School:
It is a small school, but prestigious English academy, one of the oldest in Jaén. Their staff is friendly and dedicated, and they take great pride and satisfaction in their work. Consequently, they enjoy a reputation for high standards and professionalism. Their students are bright and enthusiastic, with many generations of the same family having come through their doors: the result is a family and community-orientated atmosphere there!
They can only employ those with permission to work in Spain, be they EU citizens at the time of publishing, or applicants from outside the EU who have already obtained independently the necessary permissions to work in Spain. The company are not able to provide, or sponsor an application for, a Spanish work visa (for non-EU citizens).
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||9 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||400 Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||23rd Sep 2019|
|Application Deadline:||16th Sep 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||20+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.