EFL Teaching in China
Yunnan has the most diverse ethnic communities in the whole of China! Therefore, Yuxi is a rich melting pot of culture and cuisine, discovery and diversity, making it a true travellers dream.
- Yuxi is a small city located around 60 miles from the capital of Yunnan province, Kunming. Like most cities in China it is developing quickly but still maintains a lot of its old buildings and charm. Yuxi has beautiful scenery, set by the mountains, base of Longma mountain, it provides the perfect opportunity for treks and hiking, discovering caves and waterfalls and enjoying the countryside. Yunnan has the most diverse ethnic communities in the whole of China! Therefore, Yuxi is a rich melting pot of culture and cuisine, discovery and diversity, making it a true travellers dream.
- Yuxi has a low cost of living, meaning you can save plenty to travel or take home with you. If you find yourself homesick you will find a handful of Western style restaurants, from Italian to French, Korean to Japanese. There is also a Walmart supermarket located in the centre of the city which allows you to purchase some of the items from back home. If you want to enjoy the local cuisine, there is plenty of restaurants and bars, serving all types of Chinese food, from Sichuan hot pot to real local (and sometimes very spicy) Yunnan cuisine.
- The working week there is 5 days per week with 2 days off.
- The two days you choose will need to be Monday – Thursday.
- The hours Monday – Friday are 2:30pm -8:30pm (excluding your 2 days off).
- During the 6-hour day you will also be given a 1 1/2-hour dinner break (5pm – 6:30pm), with the vast majority of classes taking place after 6:30pm (prior to that will be lesson planning etc).
- Saturday and Sunday can alternate, but will usually be 6 hours as well (9am – 3pm or 2pm – 8pm), again with 1 1/2-hour lunch / dinner breaks.
- As stated previously weekends can alternate and you may be asked to come in early or stay later if classes need to be covered (which is not a common occurrence.
- Class sizes are 6 – 8 students per class, ages range from 3 – 12.
- At weekends (Fri – Sun) all meals will be provided for by the school from the local restaurants from around Yuxi
- 5 working days per week.
- Maximum 16 teaching hours per week.
- Class size : 6-8 students.
- Pre-made lesson plans and training curriculum.
- Working with an assistant of a Chinese teacher.
- For new teachers they will provide lesson plans and ongoing training.
Salary and Benefits:
- 8000-15000RMB per month depending on qualifications and experience.
- Housing assistance
- Health insurance.
- Legal “Z” work visa.
- Staff trips and events.
- Airport pick up on arrival.
- Start-up assistance (bank, phone, etc.)
- 10000RMB contract-completed Bonus per year.
- One week off every three months.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- TEFL Certificate.
- Native English speakers from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa due to visa regulations
- Teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Energetic, friendly and hard working.
- Patient, enthusiastic and passionate in teaching young learners.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Yuxi, Yunnan, China|
|Contract Length:||12 Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||8000-15000RMB Per Month|
|Accommodation Included:||No, but assistance provided|
|Start Date:||21st Sep 2019|
|Application Deadline:||31st Oct 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||4|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.