EFL Teacher Wanted
This schools' goal is to provide the best quality education for their students and, as much as it is possible, to bring the culture of English-speaking countries, as well as the global culture, closer to them.
- They have their educational centre headquarters in Banja Luka, which is the second biggest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina (after Sarajevo). The city is often referred to as a ‘green city’ due to a lot of green spaces and the Vrbas river which flows through it and which is of green colour. There are a lot of beautiful natural sights around the city and the Vrbas river. Also, Banja Luka is known to have very vibrant night life and people are told to be friendly and hospitable.
- It is connected to European cities mostly via Zagreb airport which is the nearest international airport, and there are a couple of low budget flights from Banja Luka airport (to/from Berlin, Memmingen, Brussels, Stockholm and Belgrade)
- Their centre is one of the biggest language schools in the country, with more than 1500 students across the country. They have been around for 20 years, teaching languages (English, German, Italian, Russian, French, Spanish), organising language camps, various creative workshops for children, professional seminars etc. They are also a TOEFL test centre, the only one in Republic of Srpska entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Conversational English
- Maximum 20 hours a week, working days mostly in the afternoons and some Saturday mornings.
- Groups size – 5-10 students, although it is possible that sometimes there will be classes up to 15 students.
- Age group – various (children and adults).
- Lesson materials will be provided. The library and all the resources that you might need will be on disposal.
- Short-term engagement – one month (with the possibility to discuss longer stay), beginning in November.
Salary and Benefits:
- 250 euros/month
- Free accommodation provided
- One free meal per day provided
- The teacher will gain a lot of additional experience being able to work with different age groups and levels.
- Assistance in school as well as in getting around the town – we are going to make sure that he/she enjoys the time spent in our city and our school.
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL Certificate – minimum 20 hours
- As far as experience is concerned, it is desirable for a candidate to have at least 1 year of teaching experience, but communicative approach, ability to keep students’ attention and good will is what they appreciate most of all.
- Driving licence. This is so it is possible to visit other cities where there is work. This is going to be a good opportunity to get to know the country and the people.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Contract Length:||1 Month(s)|
|Age Group:||Early Years, Young Learners, Teenagers, Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||250 Per Month|
|Start Date:||1st Nov 2019|
|Application Deadline:||10th Oct 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||20+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.