With this exchange programme, EFL teachers will be able to experience and explore Chinese culture and places of interest while knowing that they will be well looked after by professional local staff.
- 5 days a week with 2 days off, office hours and work schedules may differ from school to school, total working hours is 40 hours per week excluding breaks, of which 24 hours are usually designated teaching hours. Office based class preparation required, 30 minutes for every 1 hour of teaching.
- Location: Beijing
- Age range of students: 16+
- General English, English Conversation, IELTS, Business English
- Typical working hours: 10am to 7pm / 1pm to 9pm
- Next available start dates – 6 months programme:
● w/b 03 June 2019 (immediate start also available)
● w/b 01 July 2019
● w/b 26 Sept 2019
● w/b 05 Oct 2019
● w/b 04 Nov 2019
- Teaching 24 hours of well-prepared lessons each week using the materials and syllabus provided
- You will have a minimum of two days off per week to be scheduled by the partner centre.
- Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
- Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
Salary and Benefits:
- Guarantee pay: starting from £1140.00 to £1556.00 per month plus free accommodation.
- Any additional teaching hours in excess of your basic hours above will be paid at the standard teaching contact hourly rate (£10 to £14 per teaching contact hour). Prep time is unpaid unless specified otherwise. Any additional non-teaching hours are at £8 per admin hour only paid when authorised by the partner school for duties such as invigilating exams, helping with placement tests, peer observation, attending INSETT, formal teacher meetings and observation feedback meeting.
- Free City Break (flight and 2 nights hotel paid) to Hong Kong, Korea or a close by destination for exchanges longer than 3 months.
- Part of teachers pay can be made in local currency.
- International flight to China arranged and paid for (deposit required)
- China airport transfer arranged and paid for
- China exchange visa arranged
- You will be met by their local team upon arrival at the airport. Their local team will assist you in settling in at your accommodation and you will have a free day to rest well before your induction at their partner school on the following day. A mobile handset will be provided upon arrival with pre-installed useful apps to help you settle in China, and to be returned to their local team once your contract is ended in China.
- Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong or Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months.
- No document notarisation is required. Straightforward visa application with full visa support from their UK based team. You will only need to submit your passport and passport sized photo to complete the China visa application.
- You will be paid, not only that, but the teachers exchange visa, flight and accommodation will all be arranged and paid for by us!
- Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though, their staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
- TEFL Certificate
- An undergraduate degree
- Effective communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and sense of adventure!
- More than a years teaching experience
- Experience of teaching overseas
- You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK. You will also be asked to sign the Childrens’ Act 1989 Declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that there is no reason you cannot work with children or vulnerable adults.
- No minimum teaching experience with full induction provided upon arrival in China including local information and teaching induction.
- Due to the local China visa requirement, they can only accept UK/US/Canada passport holders for this academic exchange programme.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||6 Month(s)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Age Group:||Adult Learners|
|School Type:||Language School|
|Pay:||£1140.00 to £1556.00 Per Month|
|Application Deadline:||30th Sep 2019|
|TEFL Certificate Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||10|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.