Led by experienced tutors, it can be helpful get some classroom learning – and support from your fellow students – and will give you that extra confidence when first facing your class teaching English abroad!
Our weekend classroom courses run on Saturdays from 9am to 8pm and Sundays 9am to 6pm at locations across Ireland, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States and you’ll learn to all you will need to step into your own first TEFL classroom!
Weekend TEFL Course Content
We run regular two-day classroom courses across the UK, Ireland, Spain and the United States. Upcoming weekend classroom course dates
On one of our weekend classroom courses, you will cover the following topics:
Unit 1 – Warmers
- Introducing yourself, getting to know each other, reducing inhibitions
Unit 2 – Classroom management
- Arranging the classroom and managing your students
Unit 3 – Getting the students to speak
- Inventive ways to elicit from the students, using pictures, mime and gesture
Unit 4 – Introduction to grammar
- A first look at some of the English tenses. What is the Present Perfect exactly?
Unit 5 – Foreign language lesson
- A beginner’s lesson: find out what it’s like to be on the receiving end
Unit 6 – Controlled Practice
- Practice activities: why we use them and some ideas for the classroom
Unit 7 – Free Practice
- Using role play and other activities to bring your lessons to life
Unit 8 – Games
- How games can improve the learning experience
Unit 9 – More warmers
- More ideas for the classroom
Unit 10 – Functions
- Teaching everyday English words and phrases
Unit 11 – Lesson planning, preparation & practice
- How to plan a TEFL lesson & giving your first lesson
Unit 12 – More warmers
- A little warmer for your second day
Unit 13 – Needs analysis & understanding levels
- Assessing new students and understanding different levels of students
Unit 14 – Pronunciation
- The sounds, stress, intonation & rhythm of the English language
Unit 15 – Correcting errors
- How and when to correct in the classroom
Unit 16 – Teaching Skills
- How to teach reading & listening in the classroom
Unit 17 – Grammar
- A more in-depth look into tenses (Warning! Includes fun!)
Unit 18 – Lesson planning, preparation & practice
- Give your Second TEFL lesson
Unit 19 – Finding work abroad
- How to find your first teaching English job
- 20-hour Weekend TEFL Course
Learn to plan, prepare and deliver TEFL lessons with lots of fun hands-on activities. Fast-paced, engaging and friendly, you’ll spend your weekend learning by doing, not by writing!
- Lifetime access to the TEFL Job Centre
Access to apply to over 100 jobs in 50 different countries all over the world. Once you finish your first position, login again to find your next post.
- TEFL Org certificate
A widely-recognised certificate posted straight to your door which shows your achievements on our course; something you can show to TEFL employers to secure you a job.
- Free TEFL jobs advice
Lifetime TEFL careers advice, personal CV help, TEFL recruiter contacts and exclusive TEFL job vacancies. All you need to get your dream job abroad!
- Free TEFL coursebook
Activities, examples and all the important information from your weekend TEFL course.
- Free Reference letter
A must-have for getting TEFL jobs, this comes with personal comments from your TEFL tutor.
Q. Are weekend courses available every weekend?
Q. How many students will there be on the course?